QLC+ 4.12.3 release

Public announcements of new QLC+ releases.

PLEASE, do not post bugs and issues here !
mcallegari

First and foremost: I hope to find each one of you fine and healthy.

Here's the third maintenance release of the QLC+ 4.12 series.
It includes a few bugfixes reported by users or contributed by willing developers.
Again, no new features at this stage, cause QLC+ 5 is still my reference canvas for much larger improvements.
And yes, for those who are losing faith in this project, QLC+ 5 beta is next.

Raspberry Pi image, updated to RaspiOS, is available for download too.

As usual, thanks everyone for reporting issues, sending patches and fixture definitions.

Changelog
  • engine: fix cloning a Show
  • engine: audio/video files not found are now shown in error log
  • engine: reduce audio playback startup latency in some cases
  • engine: improved audio input level (thanks to Damien Zammit)
  • UI: fix virtual console resize
  • UI: fix crash on 2D monitor strobing
  • UI: fix sorting in DMX dump dialog
  • UI/Audio Editor: fix selected device index (thanks to Santiago Benejam Torres)
  • UI/Simple Desk: fix playback sliders numbering
  • Virtual Console: fix Animation and Audio Trigger widgets to respond to submaster (thanks to Branimir Amidžić)
  • Virtual Console: fix submaster not affecting a Sequence in a Cue List (thanks to ryhel)
  • Virtual Console/Cue List: fix input when side fader type is set to None
  • Resources: added Novation Launch Control XL input profile (thanks to pille)
  • Resources: updated Novation Launchpad Pro input profile (thanks to Nate Doyon)
  • Resources: added RGB script 'Alternate' (thanks to Hans-Jürgen Tappe)
  • New fixtures: Cameo Auro Spot 300, Auro Spot 400, Storm, Zenit B60 (thanks to Jannis Achstetter and Henrik Bauer)
  • New fixtures: American DJ Vizi Wash LED 108, Eurolite LED B-40 Beam, Eurolite TMH X3 (thanks to Jannis Achstetter and Henrik Bauer)
  • New fixtures: Litecraft OutLED AT10, Litecraft WashX.36, Martin JEM ZR24-7 (thanks to Jannis Achstetter and Henrik Bauer)
  • New fixtures: Stairville Mobile Color, Outdoor Stage PAR 12x3W Tri, xBrick Quad 16x8W RGBW (thanks to Jannis Achstetter and Henrik Bauer)
  • New fixture: Varytec BAT.PAR-6 RGBUV (thanks to Jannis Achstetter and Henrik Bauer)
  • New fixture: Chauvet Freedom H1 (thanks to Jason R Johnston)
  • New fixtures: Futurelight PCC-500, American DJ Pocket Pro, Stagg Headbanger 10 (thanks to Justin Hornsby)
  • New fixtures: Chauvet SlimPAR Pro W USB, SlimPAR Pro Q USB, LED PAR 64-36B, Intimidator Spot 355 IRC (thanks to Lance Moore)
  • New fixture: Fun-Generation SePar Hex LED RGBAW UV IR (thanks to Sergeant Pelzkinn)
  • New fixture: Art System GC 18x15W RGBWA (thanks to Daniel Carretas)
  • New fixture: MFL Spot G60 (thanks to Nathan Durnan)
  • New fixture: Stairville Wild Wash 132 RGB LED (thanks to Noé Sierra)
  • New fixture: AFX Spot 180 LED (thanks to Aurelien)
  • New fixture: Varytec Hero Wash 715 HEX LED (thanks to Willy Pigerre)
  • New fixture: Robe Robin ParFect 150 (thanks to Iro Suraci)
  • New fixture: Eliminator Lighting Follow Spot 100 LED (thanks to Chris Yarger)
  • New fixture: Equinox Domin8R II (thanks to Andrew Newton)
  • New fixture: Cameo CLMPAR3 (thanks to Eric Lachery)
  • New fixture: SGM P-5 (thanks to Matthias Schlecht)
  • New fixture: Martin ELP-CL Profile (thanks to John Yiannikakis)
  • New fixture: American DJ Flat Par QA12X
  • New fixture: Nicols WP600Z (thanks to Philippe Thibault)
  • New fixture: Pro-Lights STUDIOCOBPLUSFC (thanks to Martin Vlcek)
  • New fixture: Astera AX3 Lightdrop (thanks to Fredje Gallon)
  • New fixtures: American DJ Fusion FX Bar 2, Chauvet ColorBand Pix-M USB (thanks to Mike Morris)
  • New fixtures: Chauvet Kinta FX (thanks to Dave Wilson)
  • New fixtures: Involight AX470, American DJ Pearl LED WH (thanks to CodehunterWorks)
  • New fixture: Pro-Lights CromoWash300 (thanks to Bruno)
  • New fixture: Eurolite NH-30 MK2 (thanks to Peter Goderie)
  • New fixture: Stairville Z100M (thanks to Stefan Gross)
  • New fixture: Eurolite LED SL-600 (thanks to Tim Cullingworth)
  • New fixture: Laserworld PRO-730RGB (thanks to Ian Stewart)
  • New fixtures: JB-Lighting Varycolor P3, Varyscan P3, Varyscan P4 (thanks to Marcus Lammert)
  • New fixture: Fun-Generation LED Pot 12x1W RGBW (thanks to Mark van Kemenade)
  • New fixture: Ibiza 400 RGB (thanks to Jochem de Kruijf)
  • New fixture: Martin MAC Axiom Hybrid (thanks to Michał Kluska)
  • New fixture: American DJ Emerald Scan (thanks to Skye Peterson)
  • New fixture: lightmaXX Platinum CLS-3 MKII (thanks to Hans-Juergen Tappe)
  • New fixture: Chauvet Scorpion Dual RGB (thanks to Ryan Morgan)
  • New fixtures: Rockville Motionstrip RGBW, U'King 4 Head Beam RGBW (thanks to Donny Lockart)
  • New fixture: Ayra ERO Micro Spot (thanks to Bob)
  • New fixture: American DJ 12P Hex IP (thanks to István Király)
  • New fixture: Showtec Club Par 12-6 RGBWAUV (thanks to Santiago Benejam Torres)
  • New fixture: Ledj Stage Color Quad (thanks to Peter Crowther)
eights

Hi Massimo,
so happy to hear news about QLC+, especially about the QLC+ 5 beta!

I never did it before, so this is my turn to thank you for your efforts!
sbenejam

Hi Massimo,
Congratulations for your work. I did not receive the email to download the RPi packages and images. Did you send it?

Regards

Santi
ksoucek

Thank you Massimo for your update.

Its great to see that version 4 is being updated while version 5 is in the progress.. These are two great news today to bright my day up :idea: .

Thank you again and please keep up your great work.
mcallegari

sbenejam wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:27 pm Congratulations for your work. I did not receive the email to download the RPi packages and images. Did you send it?
Hi Santiago, since when I created the reserved area, there are no more emails for RPi software.
Just access the area and you'll find the new version.
markzvo

Woohoo! Enttec USB PRO DMX works "out of the box" once again.
mcallegari

markzvo wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:35 am Woohoo! Enttec USB PRO DMX works "out of the box" once again.
Yep! And many thanks for the generous donation!
DeeJayMefju

Hi, really glad to hear the news, we really appreciate your work ;)

Just wanted to notice, because I didn't see it in previous version. There is a Windows SmartScreen warning when running the setup. Maybe it was already there, but my memory isn't too good :P

Anyway, great job, looking forward to v5 beta too! :)

EDIT: One more question, is it possible that preview of sequence steps (on 2D sim and on DMX out) got broken? In 4.12.2 when I chose any step of a sequence, it would appear on 2D view and on my lights, now it seems like if the Blind Mode was active (but it isn't). Only when I change any channel (i.e. move one head of pixel bar blue channel from 255 and back to 255) then the one head starts to be visible on 2D.
BillDoE

Thank you Massimo and Damien!

The Audio Levels seem to be working now with my external sound cards. :) I get to test in the field Sept 16th.
RPi4b 4GB
giacomo

Dear Massimo,
thanks for the update, do you have any expectation for Qlc+5? Like next winter or next summer?
It's been announced since a while and I think that now you could be more precise.
Qlc+ has been very close to be a good alternative for stage lighting and after all these years it's a pity that it's not happening, Qlc+4 it's not meant to be used on a stage with performers and I'm (we're) struggling with it, my fear is that the project is going to die whiteout a real upgrade.
Regards
farlander762

Massimo,
Thank you!

Unfortunately, I'm not smart enough to do it so can you post 4.12.3 to whatever APT repo it's generally in? It's still showing 4.12.2.

Thanks!
jpgion18

Glad to hear you are well! As an event DJ in America, the industry has been slow but seems to be picking back up again. QLC has been a fun and integral part of my services. Your hard work is noticed all over the world.
r.blokker

mcallegari wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:54 am
sbenejam wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:27 pm Congratulations for your work. I did not receive the email to download the RPi packages and images. Did you send it?
Hi Santiago, since when I created the reserved area, there are no more emails for RPi software.
Just access the area and you'll find the new version.
Where can i find the reserved area? Where can i download the RPi package
edogawa

You have to buy the RPi package from Massimo, to get access to the reserved area - it's a way for him to earn at least some money, which IMO he really deserves, from the QLC+ project, and has obviously been a lot of work to set up and maintain...

previously new RPi image versions were announced by e-mail to every subscriber, now there's just an announcement in the RPi subforum. Anyway, the web area is a PW protected directory on this website...
cmuellner

Thanks mcallegari for providing this release!

As the RPM repo is out of date, it is not possible to install a recent qlcplus package on Fedora.
I've addressed this, by creating a Fedora-copr Repo.
So in case anyone needs prebuilt Fedora packages, you can get them here:
https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs ... er/qlcplus
Legrec

Hey Massimo,

Thanks a lot for your work on the code and tutorials. I'm a very recent user and still a newbie on the lighting stuff, but I appreciate a lot the quality and documentation about this free software compatible with NixOS, which is not the case of the other (not free) proposals of the market !

I wish you the best to come, and perhaps I'll be able to promote QLC+ through my creations in the future ! Thanks again :)
TristanYoung

Hello Massimo,

I hail from Ottawa, Canada.

Thank you for the great software. I was immediately drawn to QLC+ because of the professional-looking website, and the list of features/capabilities. QLC+ is the first lighting control software I tried. The software works very well, I've been able to pick it up fairly quickly. The instructions and tutorials helped. I can't wait to see your next versions.

I very recently started learning about DMX lighting, having picked up 6 LED moving head lights and a haze machine for my studio.

Take care.
AcdNrg

A bit late to the party, had to drop the hobby due to personal reasons, but.....

A big triple thank you with sugar on top!

Cheers,
Oliver