Chaser step fade in/out timing affects RGB matrix inside

The issues found when using the Function Manager panel
petveselcz

I am trying to create cue lists for songs in my band with specific timing to have some precise setup. Usually, I create collection for every step of chaser that contains multiple scenes and effects and use fade in/out timing per step to customise the timing.

But when I use RGB matrix inside any step, the fade in/out settings of the step does not react as I expected. I supposed that if I create RGB matrix with timing of the effect and the I put it into the step of the chaser, fade timing of this step will work as fading between these steps. But it also affects the timing of the RGB matrix itself and changes its speed.

Is this some expected behaviour? I am using the latest available version of QLC+ 4.12.3 on a laptop with Ubuntu Studio.

Thank you for the response.

Petr
kenact

Can you share your project?
mlohrey

This issue has been a problem in QLC+ for along time and affects any chaser, sequence or FX with its own timing that has been added to a cue list.
The timing in the cue list is effectively applied to the steps of each included chaser, sequence or effect.
You will find other posts related to this topic. It has proven to be a very difficult problem to solve.

The only way around is not to have a fade in or out time in the chaser for that item. This might work for you.

I do the odd theatre job and am very much a novice and when I really need to fade an effect up or down I usually add it to a slider and just control it manually outside the cue list. Currently I am playing around with MagicQ from Chamsys which handles this kind of work without issue but it is nowhere as user friendly as QLC+ and the learning curve is almost too steep for my small brain!