QLC+ 5.0.0 Alpha3 release

Public announcements of new QLC+ releases.

PLEASE, do not post bugs and issues here !
fooschnickens

natantmartins wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:27 pm I'm not getting to add a 'moving head' fixture to the universe. I can add all other types of fixtures but moving head I can't.
No errors apears just not add.
i'm using ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS
You're probably better off making a thread in the QLC 5 section of the forum, this section is more for making announcements of new features, not troubleshooting.
mcallegari

Fair warning: I just happened to understand that video playback is broken on Alpha 3.
This is caused by the fact that the 3D preview requires OpenGL 3.3 core profile to work and QtMultimedia doesn't work with it.
So, it's an internal Qt issue and I'm trying to understand if there is an "external" workaround/solution or if this has to be fixed in the Qt sources :(

[EDIT] The latter. I have fixed the QtMultimedia sources and make it work as it should. I've sent the patch upstream but who knows if and when they will merge it.
lLapisl

Where is the Fixture Definition Editor? My old fixtures do not work on QLC5
mcallegari

lLapisl wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:46 pm Where is the Fixture Definition Editor? My old fixtures do not work on QLC5
The Fixture Definition editor is bundled with QLC+ 4 as it's always been.
Please define "do not work". Did you forget to set the physical dimensions ? a 0x0x0 fixture will not show up in QLC+ 5 ! Come on guys (same as this)
lLapisl

mcallegari wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:04 pm
lLapisl wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:46 pm Where is the Fixture Definition Editor? My old fixtures do not work on QLC5
Please define "do not work". Did you forget to set the physical dimensions ? a 0x0x0 fixture will not show up in QLC+ 5 ! Come on guys (same as this)
Thank you! It's helped
mcallegari

lLapisl wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:46 pm
mcallegari wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:04 pm
Thank you! It's helped
I definitely need to add 2 things:
- on invalid physical dimensions, default to some hardcoded ones (pretty ugly though)
- show a warning popup that "invites" you to fix the definition properly :)
djhurt

Tried using this updates 5.0 but when i pull out the files from my old version, the audio trigger button it's missing but the rest of the button i made still there and it's working good. i think i need to create another button for audio trigger and set this up again.
mcallegari

djhurt wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:06 am Tried using this updates 5.0 but when i pull out the files from my old version, the audio trigger button it's missing but the rest of the button i made still there and it's working good. i think i need to create another button for audio trigger and set this up again.
Did you read one single word of the release announcements ? QLC+ 5 is in alpha stage and not yet feature complete.
djhurt

i just want to mention the issue i had experienced, i know that this is still under alpha stage. but this upgrade is cool i'm still exploring this program. thanks
mcallegari

djhurt wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:07 pm i just want to mention the issue i had experienced, i know that this is still under alpha stage. but this upgrade is cool i'm still exploring this program. thanks
public spreadsheet - 6.25.
Are you still convinced it was worth reporting it ? If you are, then great job. You win.
djhurt

opps! sorry i did not check that status spreadsheet. my bad.
GGGss

mcallegari wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:41 pm That's because your graphics drivers have V-Sync enabled (as in vertical sync). Most likely you have set your monitor to work at 30Hz (WTF!) then you can only get 30fps maximum.
The fact you don't see a difference between min/max/avg is because your graphics card is powerful enough....or....you haven't changed the quality setting between each test. You should also disable/enable the FPS counter too, to reset it after each test.
Quoted 'V-Sync' problems were caused by
a) 4K monitor on HDMI 1.0 only allowing 30Hz refresh (even in reduced monitor-format)
--> changed the cable to mini-port THEN screen allowed 60Hz input
b) My Radeon HD 6800 'only' goes into full speed when 'the application is run full screen' <- AHA !
--> between measures changed between 'windowed' and 'full screen' mode and then start the FPS measure...

New test results (with the same compu / OS / monitor config) => replaces record #5 in your spreadsheet
13/11/2018 5.0.0 Alpha 3 / Qt 5.11.1 Windows 10 Intel i7-2600 AMD Radeon 6800 (2010) 48 / 61 / 49 23 / 61 / 38 18 / 62 / 38 10 / 61 / 30

Viewing quality-wise I'd choose Medium quality just above High quality ... (in reality you almost never have gobos projecting themselves as clear as the H or U rendering mode - I mean: like a picture??? There is always some blend or anti-aliasing involved)

Conclusion: My 4K screen is limiting FPS output... HA!

I'll try find / lend a better performant screen and redo
[The GPU Radeon HD 6800 went a little bit hotter ... merely hotter] Now go fry the toaster !
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
guru

video function dont work. I testet it with a lot of codecs and resolutions with the sane results black screnn by a moment and it is all.
I sugest the posibility of change de fixture names in a fixture patch. for example: "dimmer1" changed for "front" or reduce the font for read easy
mcallegari

guru wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:38 am video function dont work. I testet it with a lot of codecs and resolutions with the sane results black screnn by a moment and it is all.
I sugest the posibility of change de fixture names in a fixture patch. for example: "dimmer1" changed for "front" or reduce the font for read easy
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12446&start=20#p52933
BarryEnvip

I liked the old adjust the grid in the tool method, since I cant zoom the map I find it difficult to line it up

Could you have a popup to enter the numbers instead?
stevenrenders

Any news on a new update? Alpha4?
Nikoh

Hi Massimo, is it planned for next stable release an implementation of click & go feature on web interface trough a color picker?
Thanks
P.S. i can't write new posts, is it normal?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
La violenza è l'ultimo rifugio degli incapaci