Windows default installation directory

Request a feature that you would like to see in QLC+.
Explain in details why you would need it and which is your usage case.
sparkyb

Why is the default install directory on Windows C:\QLC+? This is non-standard. Shouldn't it be C:\Program Files\QLC+?
GGGss

Of all hardware related programs I got - they all default to the c:\xxx directory.
It's a practise dating back from DOS is suppose.
My install resides in c:\system\QLC+ (and system has all right to everybody)
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
sparkyb

I'm not sure what "hardware-related" has to do with anything. Yeah, in the DOS days it was common practice to just install programs right in the root of the drive, but that was like 25 years ago. In Windows it has always been standard practice to use %PROGRAMFILES% which is usually C:\Program Files (or C:\Program Files (x86) for 32-bit applications on 64-bit versions of Windows). The NSIS example scripts even use "$PROGRAMFILES\${COMPANYNAME}\${APPNAME}" as the default InstallDir.

Anyone can press "browse" and put it anywhere they want, but I think the default should be where the default for almost every other Windows program is. If you're already overriding the current default of C:\QLC+ to install it in C:\system\QLC+ then it should really matter to you what the default is. That you put it in a location that is specific to you isn't a good argument for keeping C:\QLC+ as the default.
QLCOzAz

Agree with sparkyb Why isn't QLC+ installed in the Program Files directory?

Additionally why are additional fixture files placed in a QLC folder under users directory? Ideally the (user's) fixtures folder should be allowed to be anywhere a user wants to put it.
GGGss

That is all because M$ decided that programmes don't have rights to write files inside %program files% - hence the trick to distribute files under 'users' or 'programdata' (hidden directory under root)
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore