Saving virtual console session

simosuurla

Hello,

could you point me out what should I look in code if I would like to implement persistent session in virtual console. So if it would remember all states (buttons states, sliders positions and so on..) if QLC is rebooted, and could continue on that on start up? Please.
GGGss

Simo,

You could create a start-look by selecting all functions needed and put them in a collection.
Next use this collection as a start function (blue flag on the scene tab)

With this (and a command line switch, telling QLC+ to start in operate mode,) QLC+ starts with your default set settings.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
teo23

Hello Everybody,

I am very interested to know if this idea of persistent virtual console ended up in something you (or anyone else) may want to share...

I was thinking of something similar to the "Collection" approach pointed out here, but with a even simpler ambition.

Actually my aim is not to retain all the values of any of the widgets/UI elements of the VC in order, as stated here, to "remember them at next reboot": I would just monitor a limited set of buttons in order to "back-up" their current value as soon as it is changed.

May be anybody can point me to something helpful or (for sure) I am missing completely?

TIA
GGGss

If you want to remember a specific 'look', you could use the dump-DMX feature... everything that is sent out is captured into a new scene.
I'm afraid that if you want to save combinations of buttons, commands, settings, timings, ... (what is called a preset) this won't be possible.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
teo23

Thank you for pointing me to the DMX dump feature, but unfortunately most of the function implemented I would like to "save the state" are dynamic (sequences or RGB matrices).

Probably my first post wasn't clear enough, omitting most of the details not to bother with too many digressions, but I ended writing in this thread because the idea was similar to the one expressed by its subject, assuming someway possible to have a way to "save the session" of the Virtual Console widgets (or at least to retain a set of values between sessions, including on/off state of the buttons, hold/fade timings values, etc).

Actually yes, it was something more of a preset of all the values modified by the VC widgets than a plain snapshot of the DMX values at a certain time, but I completely understand that this would need a great effort to be implemented.

Probably this would not even be considered useful by the design itself of the program and the idea behind the VC (to trigger what previously implemented as a function in design mode, eventually editing live its parameters while running it).

Thank you anyway for your quick answer and have a good day.