Christmas and free light software

This is a place for sharing with the community the results you achieved with QLC+, as a sort of use case collection.
You can share photos, videos, personal hardware/software projects, interesting HOWTO that might help other users to achieve great results.
eric@scanlyd.no

Hi all!

The christmas season is upon us again, I guess that is one of the very few certain things this year.
I keep my fingers crossed for effective vaccines this christmas and that next year will show a starting return to normal.
Also during these difficult times, QLC+ software continues to show its value and stability, gig after gig. My appreciation for the opportunity to use free QLC+ software will never cease.

However; there is no such thing as "free software". Even when a developer chooses to give their software away at no charge, this does not mean everything around it is "free". Time, effort, concentration, equipment, hosting, development software, test systems, licensens; it all costs money. Not to mention the probable frustration when people openly starts to doubt further releases and upgrades, I myself wonder if these same people have supported and contributed to the QLC+ platform or if they just are continously demanding and expecting upgrades, support and new versions, aka all for nothing.

Have you showed your appreciation for all of this and donated a small token of your gratitude for the ability to use this software as you wish?

(And again; no, I have no connection to Massimo neither the project, but beeing a system engineer I know personally how much time and effort goes in to projects.)

I wish everyone a lighted christmas and a prosperous new year! :D

Now; Donate to keep QLC+ alive and continously developing!

All the best,
Eric
mcallegari

Thanks for your words Eric.
Over the years I got to understand many people think there is a company behind this project, so that I have a salary and I am paid for it.
Once again; no.
I have my own full time job for a lighting product manufacturer and I dedicate part of my spare time to work on QLC+. Sometimes I receive code contributions from other developers.
And yes, there are expenses: web hosting, domain, bills, equipment (for example next year I plan to buy a new Mac Mini cause Apple rendered mine obsolete...), etc

So every donation is always welcome!

I take this occasion also to wish everyone a happy Christmas and a happy new year.
Let's hope 2021 will partly repair what 2020 has damaged.
sbenejam

Many times newcomers to free software have trouble understanding it. They demand the same functionality as proprietary software exactly as proprietary software or killer apps do, they find it hard to adapt to a new way of doing things. They also find it difficult to share their experiences.

In this and other projects where I have collaborated I have always tried to give back what I have learned. You can collaborate in many ways, translating, sharing user experiences, finding and reporting bugs or sharing fixture definitions.

Have a happy Christmas and may the next year 2021 be better than this damn 2020.
;-)