Adding fixture issue

Ask a question about the usage of QLC+ with the Windows operating system
EggMan20339

Hi, I am relatively new to the QLC+ program/community. I am trying to create and add some fixture definitions to QLC+ 4. I have created the fixture definitions and dropped them into (what I think is) the appropriate folder <C:\Users\Admin\QLC+\Fixtures>. When I open QLC+, click the plus icon (to add a fixture), scroll down to "Generic", and open the drop-down, QLC+ shows some of the fixtures I created, but not others... does anyone know why this is happening?

Thanks for any info you guys might have,

-Egg
Attachments
Capture2.PNG
Capture1.PNG
edogawa

Your QLC seems to find the fixtures, so that part should be ok.

The fixture tree as shown inside QLC+ is built/structured by manufacturer names, and user fixture definitions automatically show up there if a Vendor name already exists. So to me it seems like you've entered this information in an inconsistent way for your fixtures.

I've never seen a self made fixture definition showing up under Generic (until just before writing this post, when I tried and entered "Generic" as manufacturer - it doesn't even let me save the file if this field is left empty).

To me it seems your entries in the fixture editor are misplaced. It would help if you post your definitions here, in case you cannot solve that yourself.

EDIT:
it becomes even more clear what you did when looking at your first screenshot with the filenames, these names are created automatically from the Manufacturer and Model fields on the editor's first tab.
EggMan20339

thank you! I had changed the manufacturer field (in the fixture definition editor) on the two that I couldn't find.
Attachments
Capture4.PNG
Capture3.PNG