1st and probably last production after Corona 1 ...

This is a place for sharing with the community the results you achieved with QLC+, as a sort of use case collection.
You can share photos, videos, personal hardware/software projects, interesting HOWTO that might help other users to achieve great results.
giacomo

Watching it back with a positive outlook at least the actors had all the time for the rehearsals during the summer and we could play all the performances this month, very soon there will be a 2nd lock-down in Belgium.

Theatre Varia in Brussels, show "Science-Fictions" with direction and text by Selma Alaoui, all the credits are here:
https://varia.be/science-fictions/#autour
Fist time I've used QLC+ with 7 moving-heads, in the end I've enjoyed the process but I've spent an amount of time (read nights to adapt the virtual console) to find a way to follow live the rehearsals. It's been a good training to learn the software ;)
I programmed quite many effects and some collections too, most were tests for the rehearsals so in the end the cue list is simple, some effect are played manually following the performers.
I liked the EFX generator and the XY-Pad, I also started to use the loopback feature as a "preset scenes" but then I decided to not use it because another technician is doing the tour and I thought it better to keep it simple and clear.

Novation Launch Controll XS and Enttec Pro, the plays were done with a quite old Mac from the venue by Tom.
Here some pics and the plan with the lighting list, if someone is interested I'll upload the show file, I'm still waiting from Tom the last version...

here the set:
SF0_©PhileDeprez.jpg
SF_QLC+.jpeg
SF_plan.png
other pictures below,
it's starting a long winter, the best wishes to everybody.
Giacomo
Last edited by giacomo on Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:26 am, edited 6 times in total.
giacomo

SF1_©BrunoTracq.jpg
SF2_©PhileDeprez.jpg
SF3_©PhileDeprez.jpg
giacomo

SF4_©PhileDeprez.jpg
SF5_©PhileDeprez.jpg
SF6_©PhileDeprez.jpg
GGGss

I see you used smoke ... was that allowed?
Anyway, a very nice setup.
What color profile did your movers have? RGBW or CTO?
Greetings from Roeselare.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
giacomo

Goedemorgen Fredje,
I often use smoke and for me the problem is in the mind of the venues that forbid it, is it theatre or what? what do you think?
The heads were in rgbw, during the rehearsals I've used the dump function a lot and of course with many mistakes: always rushing to follow the scenes, the dump function requires too many mouse selections and it's exhausting when you have more than 250/300 parameters.
It would be good to have a general masking system for position, color etc. etc., hopefully this will change in QLC+5.

I've never been in Roeselare, after this corona winter we'll have some moules and a nice beer!
Giacomo
edogawa

Hi Giacomo,

this looks impressive! I really like the stage set and lighting installations, just a pity I don't understand a word of french, it seems to be an interesting project...

I also wasn't aware that you are in Belgium now, thought youre based in Italy.

We also regularly use smoke (actually haze, from a Look unique machine) in our theater, and I'm not sure what the Corona implications are, AFAIK there's no added risk or something...

Anyway, our theater got a massive air ventilation system this summer, this was planned since more than a year and got realized just in time to open up this season and match corona prevention rules... I'm not posting pics or anything here because I mostly use a hardware console there, an ancient Compulite Spark.

Congratulations and stay safe!
GGGss

Smoke is nowadays a very arguable thing... since it consists of small particles where the virus can reside for a long time.
We abandoned the use of smoke since March as a precaution.

But rest assured, when we can head back on the roads, we'll meet ;-)
And maybe we can do something like this again ... absolute minimal setup with Ikea lights
2019-12-21 Lucas3.jpg
2019-12-21 Lucas2.jpg
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
giacomo

oh yes I understand what you mean, we haven't spoken about it, the smoke was just one time and not much.
I had a couple of venues where it was forbidden because they didn't want to stop the fire sensors...
morkiel

That's one good looking stage design!

<offoppic>
GGGss wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:32 am Smoke is nowadays a very arguable thing... since it consists of small particles where the virus can reside for a long time.
We abandoned the use of smoke since March as a precaution.
Is it really a thing?
Is there any research about this matter? I've been Googling about it.
https://www.firstoption.group/what-s-ne ... and-covid
https://www.asepo.org/FogSafety

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7115294/

So if there's some more information about stage smoke/haze and it's relations with this ... human malware. i'm really interested. Better safe than sorry.
</offtoppic>
GGGss

A larger group of event organizers / show designers / LD's used common sense and decided as a precaution to no longer allow the use of any kind of smoke.
In Belgium, we quickly had to shut down due to the lockdown in March. After the re-opening of culture houses, this question was at stake. We didn't want to be pointed out as a new source of infection cases, risking close down again. Therefore the non-smoke policy.
Anyway, it didn't help because we are again closed and possibly we will have to go into complete lockdown again as of today.