rgbtext_test.cpp/Qt 5.15.1 deprecation warning

edogawa

After the bigger API changes/deprecations coming with Qt 5.15, another one in 5.15.1 stops engine/test/rgbtext/rgbtext_test.cpp from compiling.

I've found a solution that works for me, but as usual I'm not confident that my approach is correct, see the attached diff.

I've tried all three possible conversion methods in QString (toUtf8(), toLatin1() and toLocal8bit(), but the resulting test output doesn't change, as there are no special characters involved.
rgbtext_test.cpp.diff
(615 Bytes) Downloaded 89 times
mcallegari

I'm fixing qmlui build on 5.15.1 (includes RGBtext fix)
Will probably commit something tonight
edogawa

Thanks, of course I had overlooked the whole bunch of warnings after the first one... :/ it compiles well now.

Just one more minor thing: for the package qlcplus-qt5-git in OBS your _service file (and .spec although I'm unsure whether that is being evaluated when _service is used) still defines version number 4.12.3 while git has 4.12.4 since a few days... I can't fix this in my branched package, as that immediately creates a merge conflict in my branch...
mcallegari

Should be fixed now
edogawa

Thanks!

It seems my branched package was somewhat broken, I was not able to edit any of the files without creating a merge conflict - I deleted and made a new branch, and all is well now. The edit I was needing to make: add xauth as build dependency in the .dsc file, seems to be necessary for newer debian based distros...