Aïllats by Cercle Teatre with QLC+

This is a place for sharing with the community the results you achieved with QLC+, as a sort of use case collection.
You can share photos, videos, personal hardware/software projects, interesting HOWTO that might help other users to achieve great results.
sbenejam

Hello everyone, last February the amateur theater company Cercle Teatre premiered the play Aïllats at the Auditori de Ferreries. Then the COVID-19 locked us at home and we could not premiere it in our city at the restored Teatre Des Born in Ciutadella de Menorca.

I have attached some links to the video of the play Aïllats and to a Youtube video playlist where the professional technician José Miguel Allés has shared his videos explaining the use of QLC+ in spanish language.
Aïllats by Cercle Teatre

Iluminación DMX con QLC+.

In Aïllats we were two technicians using QLC+, me in the audio part and José Miguel doing the lighting part as the official technician of the Auditori de Ferreries. I already knew José Miguel from other events and he saw in one of them that I used QLC+ for the lighting of a play we did in a theater where he was the official theater technician. I had prepared the audio part with the director and actors of the play which was very complicated and with a lot of audio effects during the actors actions and dialogues. That's why the director put the lighting part in the hands of José Miguel. My surprise was great when I arrived at the Auditori de Ferreries and saw that he was using QLC +. ;-)

On the lighting part he used a laptop with Windows 10, QLC +, a Korg nanoKONTROL Studio and a Chinese Artnet DMX device.

For the audio part a laptop with Ubuntu 18.04, QLC +, a Nanokontrol2 and a Behringer UMC404HD, the sound system was the Jack Audio Server. The music, a windstorm effect (which was heard throughout the play) and some effects were played through the FOH speakers of the auditorium. Other effects and music were played through the speakers located on the stage. Thanks to the 4 audio outputs of the UMC404HD and Jack I was able to route the different audios to the correct output for each scene. During the preparation of Aïllats I discovered a strange behavior of the QLC+ when playing audio through Jack Audio Server that involved a delay of almost a second. I identified which part of the QLC+ code was responsible for this delay and told Massimo that he fixed it very soon https://github.com/mcallegari/qlcplus/c ... a3fad82ed4, many thanks Massimo.

I hope the videos in José Miguel's tutorial are useful to users starting in the use of QLC+.
I also hope that soon we can finally premiere Aïllats by Cercle Teatre at the Teatre des Born in Ciutadella.