Need help mapping a large RGB LED panel (256 pixels)

This is a place for sharing with the community the results you achieved with QLC+, as a sort of use case collection.
You can share photos, videos, personal hardware/software projects, interesting HOWTO that might help other users to achieve great results.
nmaddix

Hope this is the right place to ask. I have purchased these 32x8 GRB LED panels that are essentially one LED strip with 256 LEDs on it, arranged in snake format. They are fully integrated and I can't rewire them. It's essentially one long LED strip with 256 LEDs.

Since there are more than 170 LEDs per panel then they need more than one universe to address all of them.

I'm hooking it up to my H802RA controller, which starts the next universe immediately after 510 LEDs. If I send data to the 170 LEDs in the first universe, the first 170 LEDs light up correctly. Then if I send data to the first 86 LEDs in the next universe, the rest of the LEDs light up correctly. Got that working as a test.

However, I want to create an RGB Panel in QLC to be able to address all the LEDs and that's where I'm having trouble.

QLC seems to treat each column as a separate unique fixture, so it gets to the 21st (8x21=168) column and stops at address 504 since the next column won't fit in the universe. Then it starts the next column (22) in the next universe, leaving positions 169 and 170 unmapped. So there's a gap and 2 LEDs in the panel are not mapped and stay blank, and the next LEDs are all shifted by 2. Then if I connect a second panel, the first two LEDs there are mapped. See attached photo.

I've looked at the project file and can't quite see a way to hack this. Have also thought of mapping each row individually and then grouping them but I can't quite see how that would work either.

Can anyone see a way to do this? I'd really love to get these panels working!
Attachments
IMG_4443.jpg
janosvitok

Can you post the qxw file here?

You can manually move heads (LEDs) in the group layout to whatever place they need to be.
So it might be possible to create
1. the part that fits completely in the first universe
2. then the part that fits in the second one,
3. partial row in the first universe
4. partial row in the last universe.

QLC+ does not support fixtures spanning multiple universes.

I haven't worked with QLC+ for a long time so I may be wrong.
nmaddix

janosvitok wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:21 am You can manually move heads (LEDs) in the group layout to whatever place they need to be.
So it might be possible to create
1. the part that fits completely in the first universe
2. then the part that fits in the second one,
3. partial row in the first universe
4. partial row in the last universe.
Thanks. The workspace is attached.

Can you explain how I would do the above? I've been trying to do something like that for a quite some time now, including modifying the workspace file xml directly, with no success.
Attachments
RGB Panel Test.qxw
(21.48 KiB) Downloaded 73 times