ENTEC OPEN DMX OUTPUT LAG

The issues found when using the Input/Output Manager panel
Nytician

Good evening,

I’m using QLC to design light shows for about 15-19 fixtures, currently 14 I think using the OPEN DMX interface but I’m having issues with output lag and lack of consistent music synchronisation when using the show manager. Wasn’t sure whether to post here or there but it says System Timer Accuracy : Bad what does that mean? The PC is a mid/low high end PC, 16gb ram, i5 etc, so is the issue the DMX device or the software?

Kind regards,

Sean.
GGGss

The open DMX interface relies on the processor of your PC for the DMX timing. If your serial bus (USB ports / hub) are stressed then DMX timing will be off and Timer Accuracy will be bad.
Change to another USB port can help.
Changing the frequency in settings to a lower value also helps. 30 or 33 Hz will do fine. (Default it's 44Hz)
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
Nytician

Hey thanks for your reply! Ive actually switched to Xlights for the music sync stuff and it’s flawless, I think QLC probably excels at the live show stuff more than the show feature. And the PC that I’m using I don’t think should struggle with simple DMX data, in theory haha. Hoping to try it again as a live show controller though as the layout of QLC is excellent and better than even paid software I’ve come across!

TLDR: Seems it’s the software not the hardware for quick change show sequences!

;), Sean.