Enabling a 2nd universe to Artnet creates jitter

Generic issues not specifically related to a QLC+ area.
Post here only if you can't really find the reason of an issue
nmaddix

GGGss wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:51 pm oke ... hard nut to crack...

In your new project-file you are sending now to U4 on your interface TWICE... we told you not to.
And again - why U4; it should read U0 - we cannot predict what the interface is going to do when you send info outside of the scope.
The scope being U0-3 for DMX = headers 0-3 (or 1-4 depending on labeling)

The jitter really looks like a stay-alife packet coming in. A network sniffer could confirm that; be you don't need that because QLC+ is sending both universes to the same output Universe.
Please change that
Thanks! I think we might be getting somewhere now. I have no idea where you're getting this Universe 4 thing but I'm sure you're seeing something I'm not. The project has only 2 universes, numbered 1 and 2, and they're linked to Artnet 0 and 1. I set it up very simply without doing anything weird just the same way I created the previous project.

Attached is a screenshot of the configuration of the project, which looks as simple as can be and exactly what you guys have been asking me to do. I have no idea how some mysterious universe 4 could be in there!! Where would it be?

Wait, I took a look at the project file...

Code: Select all

<InputOutputMap>
   <Universe Name="Universe 1" ID="0">
    <Input Plugin="MIDI" Line="1"/>
    <Output Plugin="ArtNet" Line="4">
     <PluginParameters outputIP="192.168.6.11"/>
    </Output>
   </Universe>
   <Universe Name="Universe 2" ID="1">
    <Output Plugin="ArtNet" Line="4">
     <PluginParameters outputIP="192.168.6.11"/>
    </Output>
   </Universe>
  </InputOutputMap>
I see my 2 universes, exactly as expected, then I also notice this Line="4" thing. Is that what you're referring to? I absolutely did not put that in. I don't even know what it refers to. I simply created the project using QLC and never edited the file.

Edit: forgot to attach the screenshot
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-08-27 at 23.54.57.png
GGGss

aha I see now -> line 4 = #5 in your network settings (project file)

So now your #1 panel is connected to header 1 on your interface?
And is it fully addressable? Can you hit all pixels of it?
I guess that after pixel 170 it stops...

Let's talk by phone
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
sandinak

Wait .. are you calling the ~500ms flashing jitter? That's NOT what i've seen before when dealing with ArtNet double addressing.. should be flashing ALOT faster if it was (see the video I sent) \. So given that, looking at your file, etc.. I am thinking it's past QLC In your configuration. That flash looks much more like something is mis-configured on the receiving end and the flashing is a configured error condition perhaps. Not sure what .. as I don't have one of those (yet .. I am intrigued .. as that configuration would solve some issues i've been having .. but this thread has given me pause ;) .. but I am thinking it's NOT tied to QLC. If you catch me online and wanna chat we can try talking some things out.. can find me on irc.freenet.org #qlcplus.
nmaddix

Would love to speak by phone when you're available. Some more info here for the record:
GGGss wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:35 am aha I see now -> line 4 = #5 in your network settings (project file)
I don't know what this means. What is Line="4"?? I didn't enter or select anything with the number 4 or 5 in th new test project so I'm quite confused by this.
GGGss wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:35 am So now your #1 panel is connected to header 1 on your interface?
And is it fully addressable? Can you hit all pixels of it?
I guess that after pixel 170 it stops...
Yes, I have always been connecting to port 1, then I tried wiring the 2nd panel to port 2 and enabled universe 5 which is when this problem started happening.

The H802RA has 4 output SPI ports. Each can address 680 LEDs (4 universes). So the second port is Universe 5.

I just verified this by enabling universes 1-5 and turning on LEDs in some large panels I have.
nmaddix

sandinak wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:36 pm Wait .. are you calling the ~500ms flashing jitter? That's NOT what i've seen before when dealing with ArtNet double addressing.. should be flashing ALOT faster if it was (see the video I sent) \. So given that, looking at your file, etc.. I am thinking it's past QLC In your configuration. That flash looks much more like something is mis-configured on the receiving end and the flashing is a configured error condition perhaps. Not sure what .. as I don't have one of those (yet .. I am intrigued .. as that configuration would solve some issues i've been having .. but this thread has given me pause ;) .. but I am thinking it's NOT tied to QLC. If you catch me online and wanna chat we can try talking some things out.. can find me on irc.freenet.org #qlcplus.
What I'm calling jitter is the erratic (non-regular) flashing in the "jitter.mov" video. It may not be what you experienced. But in my example project the lights are programmed to flash regularly like they do in "no jitter.mov". When a more complex sequence is programmed like in the first project file I sent, the result looks more like the sequence moving forward then occasionally and randomly backing up and flickering.

I'm not sure what you could mean by "configured error condition". Again I'm frustratingly not following what you're talking about.

Will try to find you online if I can.
Last edited by nmaddix on Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
nmaddix

Duplicate, can't delete.
Last edited by nmaddix on Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:47 am, edited 3 times in total.