Sub Cue's in a Chase

Request a feature that you would like to see in QLC+.
Explain in details why you would need it and which is your usage case.
sandinak

Right now .. I use a "chase" as a cue list for a show. I set the cue's to specific times or infinity and step thru using a "Next" Button. I have played with having a sub-chase as a cue in a chase .. which allows me to have unique "cue's" within a general cue (collection) .. tho I have to use a different button to move thru them and some PFM using loopback to "Activate" them. I also use "Collections" to assemble different aspects for fixtures and groups to create a scene. I havn't figured out a way to have different timings per individual "scenes". I was playing with some other software and noted they have an idea of "sub cue's" with individual timings .. where a "master" cue has timings that are either inherited by sub cue's .. or the subcue's have their own timings. So something like:
  • Step: 01.01 - Setup ∞
    • 01.01.01 Collection Setup ( All neutral and blue/white )
  • Step: 01.02 - Song start ∞ - ∞ -
    • 01.02.01 - Scene: P - Red 2.0s ∞ - ∞
    • 01.02.02 - Scene: PS - Blue 3.0s ∞ - ∞
    • Step: 01.02.03 - Vocal Start ∞
      • 01.03.01 - Scene Spots - W 3.0s ∞ - ∞
I know this refactors some of the premise of how things work .. and perhaps instead of using a 'chase' we need a new function that allows this type of idea .. but it would be really nice to assign individual timings w/in a unique time slice w/o having to chain collections together. I think making this idea recursive where each "Step" is a named target you can then assign scene's under and would allow inheritance from it's parent would really be powerful. Perhaps another way to accomplish this is to allow a "Step" to be set in a "Show" vs using the timeclock .. so that the show can be visibly assembled but cue'd thru the steps? ( Tho I'd need scripts in that scenario to cue' external tools ). Spitballing I know .. but I think others might find this useful.
sandinak

So thought about this one a bit .. what if:
  • since each scene already has a fade in and fade out .. adding "delay" and "hold" ( and perhaps Notes? )
  • collections could then show the timings like the chase does in the Functions Window
  • chases could allow to expand a collection inline so you can see the timings in line
This wouldn't handle inheritance natively .. but that could be done by doing collections of collections