Only one fader works on my midi console ZOOM R24

The issues found when using the Virtual Console
BryanGuitariste

Hello

I wanted to use my ZOOM R24 audio interface to controle QLC+ via midi but only buttons and the first fader are detected on the Input Profil creator, fader 2 to 8, master fader and all knobs are not detected.

An Input Profile of the ZOOM R16 (previous version) was already created but it did not work properly with the R24, only first fader and buttons are working.

All faders and buttons are working well in other sofware like Reaper for MAO.

Do you know how to resolve the problem ?
GGGss

Can you change the mode in which it's working?
Mackie emulation mode for instance?
Faders work or with system messages or with velocity changes to a channel. This behaviour has to be changed I guess...
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
BryanGuitariste

Thank you for the answer
No I can not change the mode of the R24, when I connect it to my computer via USB, I can only select "interface mode" (instad of SD card reader) and that is all.
To make it works in Reaper I have to select Mackie mode but it is in the software Reaper.
janosvitok

Hi,

in the past I have created profile for BCF2000 in Mackie Control mode, so the Mackie mode might work with R24 as well.
Go to Input profile editor, copy R16 to R24 profile and use the learn function to find out the missing controls.
Since QLC+ does not support NPRN and SysEx messages, it is possible that QLC+ will not respond to some of the controls.
In this case, you are out of luck unless you use some kind of MIDI translator or find somebody that implements the missing messages.

If controls do not respond, use a MIDI dumper to find out what exact MIDI message each control sends (for example MidiOX on Windows)
to confirm it is indeed the case.

https://www.qlcplus.org/docs/html_en_EN ... vices.html says you have to set MIDI channel to Omni mode (1-16) meaning
the devices transmit data on several MIDI channels (see https://www.qlcplus.org/docs/html_en_EN ... di-channel).

This is the BCF profile: https://github.com/mcallegari/qlcplus/b ... olMode.qxi

Jano
BryanGuitariste

Hi Jano

Thank you a lot I finally understand why the R16 profile have not working before with my R24, I did not setup the device with 1-16 channel on QLC+, well the option is a little hided.

Like always with informatique, it is just a question of one bit missing somewhere that mess up everything haha

I downloaded MIDI-OX and the fader send Pitch Bend signal on different channels, one for each channel, that is why I only saw the first fader working.

Unfortunatly the 8 knobs are not midi controller but real analogic potentiometers. But, faders and buttons is already enough for my use.

Again, thank you a lot for your informations and pertinant advices !

Bryan
janosvitok

That's great news!

So MIDI-hardware-wise, R16 and R24 are the same? Or does it make sense to have special profile for R24?
If the same profile is enough for R24, we can mark R16 as good for R24.

If some changes are needed, can you please post the profile (attachment here, or PR on Github)?

Thanks!

Jano
BryanGuitariste

Yes the R16 profile works well with the R24. The only little problem is that the encoder have only 8 positions, but I guess it is the same for R16 and it is a way to work. So we can mark R16 as good for R24, yes ;)

For people who read this to use R16 or R24, I notice in the R16 profile there are 3 buttons per track button REC/SOLO/MUTE, this is working like a preset bank by pressing the 3 buttons REC/SOLO/MUTE under the R24 screen. That increase the number of buttons available, cool.

Thanks
Bryan