OSX Key Commands

Ask a question about the usage of QLC+ with the Mac OSX operating system
jlthla

So I'm running a very small home architectural light show with QLC+, and its pretty amazing. I've gotten pretty much all the way to my goal, including starting the app in "Show" mode, and automatically selecting a particular show to run (part of Home Automation). The last piece of the puzzle for me is to get the program out of show mode and back into Design mode, so the app will quit and I can shut down the computer that its running on.

From what I can tell, you can create a widget and record key commands, and, assuming there is a key command to do this, I can't find a list of key commands anywhere. If I can create a widget to switch to Design mode, the rest should be easy.

Is there a list of key commands for QLC+ somewhere that work in OSX?
jlthla

Ok so you assign a function to a widget, and then you can assign a key command to the widget to activate it... makes sense.

So back to my original question, is there a way to automate getting QLC+ out of Show mode and back into Design mode ?
GGGss

You cannot, per external command, quit show mode.
You can kill the process behind running QLC+, so no need to quit show mode.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
jlthla

Thought of that, but the PID changes every time it launches... so that way would be hard to automate..

Just found this

pkill -9 "QLC+"

Looks like it kills via name, which would be the same all the time..

This is a good thing! Thank you for your help...