QLC crashes - Ableton MIDI track

The issues found when using the Virtual Console
pigmentsmusic

Dear QLC+ community,
I am writing you as me and my band are facing some troubles with the light controller plus.
I really hope that you may help us out as a very important gig is approaching quickly.

Let me give you first all details about the gear we are using:
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 13", Ende 2013)
2,4 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5
4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel Iris 1536 MB

- QLC+ 4.12.1 (I just updated to version 4.12.2 in hope that it would help)

- DMX interface: Botex netcon 1-3

- Showtec Pulse Pixel Bar 16 Q4

- Ableton Live 10 Suite

We control three pixel bars, which are linked in series and connected to the MacBook using the Botex netcon 1-3, via ArtNET.
We use a MIDI track in Ableton Live to control QLC via the internal IAC Driver.

On a regular basis, it happens that the QLC+ software all the sudden crashes during our set (not each run-through but often).
I have attached the crash report that we receive. Does anybody have an idea how to resolve this issue?
Attachments
crash report QLC.txt
(76.44 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
JoviSambora

Hi pigmentsmusic and all QLC+ Community

I use Reaper in Windows and send the data of a midi track to control the QLC + 4.2.2 through LoopBe1 (A virtual MIDI cable that connects Reaper with QLC + how I suppose the IAC Driver will do in MAC).

These virtual cables will be locked for security if they detect or believe they are receiving feedback MIDI signals from the MIDI OUT and back into the MIDI IN (as I think I understand).

I don't know if this will be your problem, but I solved it by assigning the output of the MIDI track only to a one MIDI channel "Channel 1" instead of "All Channels"

I also disabled in MIDI Devices in Reaper the input of the LoopBe1 Virtual Cable and left only the MIDI output of this virtual cable activated.

In QLC + I disabled the LoopBe1 Virtual MIDI Cable Output and left only its Input MIDI IN.

I have seen in the Crash report that you had a MicroKEY-25 USB MIDI Controller connected which I suppose you will use to record the MIDI tracks in Ableton. If you don't need it during the Concerts I think it would be better to disconnect it from the USB port to have less possibilities of conflicts between MIDI devices or at least deactivate the "Input Monitoring" of the MIDI track if you have left it activated during the rehearsals.

I hope some of this can help you.

A greeting.