AKAI LPD8 - Button-LED

Ask a question about the usage of QLC+ with the Mac OSX operating system
simek26

Hi
I have a problem with Akai LPD8
Does anyone know how to make the LED light up when the button is pressed?
Macbook Pro
GGGss

I'm sorry but you are not completely clear about your question...
I could shoot you saying: 'What LED and what button?'

Are you trying to have a LED light up when you press a button in QLC+? -> we can help
Or
Are you trying to have a LED lightip when you press a button on your Akai -> RTFM
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
simek26

I'm trying to have a LED lightip when you press a button on Akai -> RTFM
andres robles

hello to all, so that the akai table lights the LEDs of the buttons qlc should send it to akai midi signal according to what action the button has, for example, without scene recorded light off, with scene loaded on button, fixed light, and with the scene released the button light flashes, to get that, you have to find out what values are the ones that you have to send qlc to aki, for example, for my akai apcmini, the value 0 or 1 is off, 2 0 3 is green, 4 or 5 is green flash, 6 0 7 is red, 8 0 9 is red flash, 10 or 11 is orange .... and so by completing 3 colors according to the value and repeating the sequence up to 255 value ... a capture of qlc where you have to modify those values, for akai mini I did not find information or in your manual, I had to try and point values on a paper .... I hope it helps you solve your problem, greetings
Attachments
akai led.png
andres robles

I already shared a profile for akai APCmini with the activated colors, it's another model different from yours, but it is possible that the values are similar or equal and I think that you can serve as an example to build or modify a custom profile for your akai lpd8, That's why I share it again.
Attachments
Akai-APCMinicolorvertical.qxi
(10.63 KiB) Downloaded 283 times
andres robles

in CV you can also customize the behavior of the button assigning the values in each, I recommend you create a customized profile to suit you so that in each new performance, those established values are already ...
Attachments
akai led2.png
simek26

Hi
My problem is that when I press the led button on the Akai LPD8 it does not light up.
if I press the button in qlc then on the Akai the button lights up.
https://youtu.be/Ixz2bzbVGGM
mcallegari

Looks like what happens with BCF2000. You might want to try the "Generate extra press" option in the input profile editor.
http://www.qlcplus.org/docs/html_en_EN/ ... files.html
andres robles

Can it be some kind of configuration of AKAI itself? Could it be that it is configured as a percussion simulator? I do not know if it can be that way or if the type of AKAI function can be changed or it is something that belongs to each model ... I never happened something similar, it would be interesting to discover why it happens and if it has solution, a greeting
simek26

I noticed that when it struck quickly it light, but when I press "normally" it still does not light :x
andres robles

I miss, I do not know this device in depth, maybe it has several orders according to the type of button press, I mean, if it is a quick pulse it only sends midi signal and receives a midi signal for a moment, if it is a long pulse send states ON -OFF and receive ON-OFF status, I totally do not know the cause and it's something new for me .... I hope you find the right configuration , luck ...
Last edited by andres robles on Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
frankone

Okay, this is a few years old topic, but googling this problem brings this up. So here is my solution how i got it workin with lpd8 and qlc+. First of all, use the akai lpd8 editor to change the pad behaviour to toggle. Then in qlc+ use generic midi profile for lpd8 and go to edit the input profile. Change the corresponding pads to buttons (in channels page) AND tick the box tha says "Generate an extra press/Release when toggled" Then maybe save and close the program and open it again and it should work. Now you have working leds. Hope this helps.