Install fails - qlcplus:amd64 : Depends: libasound2:amd64 (>= 1.0.16) but it is not installable

Ask a question about the usage of QLC+ with the Linux operating system
philanyware

Hi,

I'm trying to install QLC+ v4 on an existing RPi 3 with the BitWizard DMX interface for raspberry pi. The RPi already has other software on it (Mosquito MQTT broker) so I'm trying to install from source so they can coexist.

I started with these instructions from BitWizard:
https://bitwizard.nl/wiki/Dmx_interface ... spberry_pi

I've installed the prerequisite packages and currently following the "QLC+ sources" section here to install QLC Plus
https://github.com/mcallegari/qlcplus/w ... -build-Qt5

I downloaded qlcplus_4.12.2_amd64.deb and tried to install it like this:

Code: Select all

sudo apt install /home/pi/Downloads/qlcplus_4.12.2_amd64.deb
But it told me there are 17 dependencies that are not installable:

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Note, selecting 'qlcplus:amd64' instead of '/home/pi/Downloads/qlcplus_4.12.2_amd64.deb'
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:

qlcplus:amd64 : Depends: libasound2:amd64 (>= 1.0.16) but it is not installable
                 Depends: libc6:amd64 (>= 2.17) but it is not installable
                 Depends: libfftw3-double3:amd64 (>= 3.3.5) but it is not installable
                 Depends: libftdi1:amd64 but it is not installable
                 Depends: libgcc1:amd64 (>= 1:3.0) but it is not installable
                 Depends: libqt5core5a:amd64 (>= 5.9.0~beta) but it is not installable
                 Depends: libqt5gui5:amd64 (>= 5.8.0) but it is not installable
                 Depends: libqt5multimedia5:amd64 (>= 5.6.0~beta) but it is not installable
                 Depends: libqt5multimediawidgets5:amd64 (>= 5.6.0~beta) but it is not installable
                 Depends: libqt5network5:amd64 (>= 5.8.0) but it is not installable
                 Depends: libqt5script5:amd64 (>= 5.6.0~beta) but it is not installable
                 Depends: libqt5widgets5:amd64 (>= 5.2.0) but it is not installable
                 Depends: libstdc++6:amd64 (>= 5.2) but it is not installable
                 Depends: libudev1:amd64 (>= 183) but it is not installable
                 Depends: libusb-0.1-4:amd64 (>= 2:0.1.12) but it is not installable
                 Recommends: libmad0:amd64 but it is not installable
                 Recommends: libsndfile1:amd64 but it is not installable
                 Recommends: libqt5multimedia5-plugins:amd64 but it is not installable
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
What have I done wrong?

Thanks so much,
Phil
sbenejam

I think that you are trying to install a Debian/Ubuntu package on a RPi. You cannot use a amd64 package on RPi that is armhf architechture. To download the RPi package you have to make a donation, see link below.

https://www.qlcplus.org/raspberry.html
philanyware

Ok, thanks. That makes sense about amd64 vs armhf.
I was trying to avoid installing the package because I think it will overwrite the entire OS and I'll lose the software I've already installed (Mosquito). Is that correct?

The instructions I linked to previously say you can get the latest bleeding edge source like this:

git clone git://github.com/mcallegari/qlcplus.git
Is there a version of that command to get the latest stable code?

(I plan to make a donation anyway once I get it working.)

Thanks.
sbenejam

Yes with git clone you get the latest version, but then you have to build and install QLC+. I don't built QLC+ on a RPi but I think it took a few hours. After you make a donation you receive the download links of QLC+ deb package and image file of Raspbian with QLC+ integrated.
philanyware

I didn't realise that when you make the donation you get the .deb package, the image and a nice instruction doc. I wish that was clear on the page where you make the donation.

I tried using the arm .deb package and it compiled now but when I tried to run qlcplus it gave an error that the forums said was because I had no hdmi display connected. The fix in the forum did not work for me.
So I trashed the old compiled install and installed from the image and QLC is running now.
If I still need Mosquito I'll install it on top of the QLC/Rasbian image. That will hopefully be cleaner anyway.

I started trying to install the bitwizard dmx interface 2 years ago and gave up because the bitwizard docs were so confusing (for a noob). It all implies that compiling from source is the only option and I could not make that work.
If I'd know that installing from an image was an option I would have tried it 2 years ago.

Now to see if the hardware is working and if I can get my first dmx light to turn on...

There is a lot of assumed knowledge that goes with some of these docs so I'll doc this process at my level in case it's useful to other first timers.