Does QLC+ have an API so that higher functions can be implemented?

wmerrell

I would like to try extending QLC+ with some more extensive cue list functions for working with a stage show or play. Is there an API? Can the web interface be used this way? Is there any documentation for this? Thanks
mcallegari

[moderator] moved to proper area

What is your idea?

Web API can be reached from the QLC+ website main page: https://www.qlcplus.org/Test_Web_API.html
wmerrell

I don't have a specific idea. I learned lighting on ETC systems and tend to think in terms of their style of cue lists. I do like QLC+ for the low-level handling of lighting equipment, but I have not figured out any satisfying way to program a full-size show. I thought I might try some ideas and see what could be done. What I ultimately want is an ETC style "GO" button so that a show can be run easily by a helper that doesn't know much but can read a script.
dome

I'm having trouble with the Web API. I'm running the qlcplus service on a Pi4, and point the Web API to the proper IP address and port. Regardless of what I try, I just get "Not Connected" next to the connect button. I also tried running the full QLC program with the same results.

Interestingly, when I load the project with the buttons, I do get my project to populate on the right and the buttons actually work. However, I can't use any of the API functions on the left.

I don't have any port restrictions that should be causing this.

Do I need to enable access somewhere?

I'm running QLC+ 4.12.2 from the DEB file on a Raspbian Pi4.
dome

I managed to get it working. I don't know why I didn't think to try a different browser... I guess I was troubleshooting too long to think straight.

For what it's worth, I got it working on Chromium on the same Pi as QLC+ is installed on.
MDAR

Hi

Have you been able to get access to the QLCplus web service for a different machine?

I've flashed the PI image and it seem to boot up okay, with QLC showing as an active service in TOP, using about 4.1% of memory.

Is there a configuration file that I need to edit to allow web access from my LAN?
janosvitok

google: iptables
dome

MDAR wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:21 am Hi

Have you been able to get access to the QLCplus web service for a different machine?

I've flashed the PI image and it seem to boot up okay, with QLC showing as an active service in TOP, using about 4.1% of memory.

Is there a configuration file that I need to edit to allow web access from my LAN?
Yes, I usually log in from the Pi itself since it's sitting on my desk, but you should be able to log in from a different computer on your network.

You might find it useful to assign a custom hostname using the

Code: Select all

raspi-config
command. Mine is icarus.local, so I can reach the web console at

Code: Select all

http://icarus.local:9999