LED Par cans won't turn off

The issues found when using the Virtual Console
matthew19150

Dear QLC+ community,
I have created a few scenes in functions and linked them to different buttons in virtual console. One of the scenes linked to one of the buttons, flashes LED par cans, and flat par cans with different colours and also moves the moving heads around again flashing with different colours. when I click the button to turn off the scene all the lights go off except the LED par cans, they continue to flash. The only way to turn them off is to either press the blackout button or exit the software and re-open it. I have noticed that the faders in simple desk are all on for the par cans. I can slide them on and off, but this is not practical during a show.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Matthew
GGGss

Do they flash because you send a certain value to a specific DMX channel?
And after stopping the function - it will stay in flash mode?
Check your fixture definition if this specific channel is probably set to use LTP. In that case, you will have to hard-reset the value of this channel.
(what you try to describe using simple desk is exactly what you have to program when you want to reset the flash-mode in LTP)
(or other easy solution: change the behavior of this channel to HTP and voila...)
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
matthew19150

Thanks for this, it now works. I needed to change the program mode channel to HTP. Another thing when I have the LED par cans on program mode the Grand Master fader does not turn the par cans off. This only happens if I have the Program mode on.

Thanks,
GGGss

Grand Master only works if your fixture definition has an intensity channel...
Again - check your definition
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
matthew19150

Ok that makes sense, the grand master also doesn't work for the wookie laser aswell, because like the par cans it doesn't have a intensity channel.

Thanks for this.
lbon1989

In the other scenes, you need to activate all channels of the LED fixtures. The LEDs keep the same value for strobe if you do not set it to 0 on the scenes where you do not want strobe.