"No Input/Output Support Available" (Connecting SPD-SX)

The issues found when using the Input/Output Manager panel
jfusion

Hi I've just downloaded QLC+ and am trying to build a light show for my band. We run backing tracks off an SPD-SX and I want to sync a simple light show to the clicks.

Inside the program however, I run into two problems. First, the Roland SPD-SX isn't recognized as a built-in MIDI interface, so I had to "create" one. The other issue that there is no check box option when looking at the MIDI plugin section on the I/O screen. When I look at the display box underneath the I/O, adjacent to the "Configure Selected Plugin" button, it reads "NO INPUT SUPPORT AVAILABLE" When i click the "Configure Selected Plugin" button a blank window appears. When watching tutorials on how to set up inputs and even the tutorial provided by QLC+ it seems there should be three options to get the process started but nothing is showing up for me.

I've been able to set up button to simulate how I'd trigger a song by alining MIDI notes between QLC/the SPD. I feel so close yet so far from being able to make these talk to each other.

Any help with a) figuring out how to add a new MIDI input to the I/O list and b) general advice on how to sync tracks within an SPD-SX to QLC+ would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-02-25 at 11.24.57 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-02-25 at 11.25.18 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-02-25 at 11.25.24 PM.png
GGGss

Do NOT repost please.
We try to keep this forum tidy and neat.

(and if no-one answers your calls, it's likely you are asking for something no-one else has a solution for.)

Your device is not listed as supported https://www.qlcplus.org/docs/html_en_EN ... vices.html
So you will have to research how, with other midi-controllers, your input profile problem is solved.
Start with looking here https://www.qlcplus.org/docs/html_en_EN/midiplugin.html and work your way thru it.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
jfusion

Thanks for the answer, and forgive my basic understanding — since this is an open source program (QLC+) am I capable of editing the profile of a different MIDI input device (say a Korg Nanopad for example) to become compatible with my SPD?
GGGss

You are free to experiment and when it works ... why not contribute for others to use your solution?
It's the community that supports Massimo and QLC+
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
musiqu

This is the same setup I use.

Under your mapping section of the 'inputs/outputs tab, do you have an option for this "device" : 2: SPD-SX Control (this should be your input)
This took me a while to get working, but I have now made it work on both Windows and Linux systems.... (use Linux if you can)

This appeared after I created a profile for the SPD-SX.