QLC+ 4.12.2 release

Public announcements of new QLC+ releases.

PLEASE, do not post bugs and issues here !
mcallegari

As anticipated back in February, here's another round of fixes for the 4.12 series.
Hopefully, this should consolidate the big changes introduced with 4.12.0.
This version also brings some news: a brand new plugin called OS2L, to be used to receive signals from softwares/devices implementing the OS2L protocol (right now, Virtual DJ)
I think I've also found a decent solution for Cue lists crossfading.
As usual, thanks everyone for reporting issues, sending patches and fixture definitions.

A new Raspberry Pi image based on Debian Buster and working on the Pi 4 is ready. I need some more time to do the final tests and then I'll send an email to RPi users. Most likely tomorrow.

Changelog:
  • engine: fix submaster not affecting a Chaser startup intensity
  • Simple Desk: fix faders not overriding value = 0
  • Simple Desk: fix universe reset erasing channel modifiers
  • Virtual Console/Slider: fix LTP channels being written continuously
  • Virtual Console/Slider: fix inverted behavior
  • Virtual Console/Slider: fix submaster affecting VC widgets on inactive frame pages
  • UI: fix Stop all Functions fading out all intensity channels
  • Web Access: fix crash caused by VC widgets on deleted frame pages
  • Web Access: fix VC Sliders in level mode not changing DMX values
  • Web Access: added "setFunctionStatus" API (thanks to Gabriele C.)
  • Fixture Editor: fix 'Nothing' type not handled correctly
  • Plugins/DMX USB: default DMXIS to Pro Tx/Rx
  • Plugins/DMX USB: add new OpenRX mode (thanks to Emmanuel C.)
  • Plugins: order network interfaces by ascending IP address (thanks to Branimir Amidžić)
  • NEW OS2L plugin (see documentation)
  • Windows: add missing libraries to display JPEG pictures
  • New fixture: Martin MAC Encore Performance (thanks to Flo Edelmann)
  • New fixtures: IMG Stageline PARL 36 DMX, Ledj Slimline 36 RGBW, Ledj Slimline 36 RGBA (thanks to Andrew)
  • New fixtures: American DJ MB DMX II, Chauvet Intimidator Spot LED 260 (thanks to Peter Chave)
  • New fixture: Eurolite LED PT-100 (thanks to Edgar Aichinger)
  • New fixture: Ledj Performer 18 Quad Zoom (thanks to Allan Rhynas)
  • New fixtures: JB Systems Super Solar White, Stairville DJ Lase Polar 200 (thanks to Andres Robles)
  • New fixture: Varytec BAT.BAR 8 RGBW (thaks to Chris de Rock)
  • New fixture: Tomshine Mini Gobo Moving Head (thanks to Gaudig)
  • New fixtures: Cameo Auro Spot 100 and 200, Twinscan 20 (thanks to István Király)
  • New fixture: Epsilon PixBeam (thanks to Rolo Saenz)
  • New fixture: Lumeri PRO-COB 200 (thanks to Christian Deplano)
  • New fixture: Martin ERA 300 Profile (thanks to John Yiannikakis)
  • New fixtures: Cameo HydraBeam 4000, Stairville FS-x75 Follow Spot, PAR64 CX6 RGBWAUV (thanks to Luke Bonett)
  • New fixtures: American DJ Fog Fury Jett Pro, Illusion Dotz 4.4, Cameo LED PAR 64 RGB 36x1W (thanks to Dávid Czirók)
  • New fixtures: Elation Cuepix Blinder WW2, Fuze Wash Z350, Platinum Spot III (thanks to Dávid Czirók)
  • New fixture: Involight LEDSTROB400 (thanks to Dávid Czirók)
  • New fixture: JB-Systems Emperor (thanks to Andrea Ballarin)
  • New fixture: Showlite LB 4390 (thanks to Ballonpower)
  • New fixture: Robe ColorSpot 250 AT (thanks to Dmitry Eremin-Solenikov)
  • New fixture: Contest irLED64-18x10FIVE (thanks to Jonathan Pain-Chammings)
  • New fixture: Showtec LED Pixel Bar 12 RGBW (thanks to Paul Misset)
  • New fixture: beamZ Panther 25 LED Spot (thanks to David Ellis)
  • New fixtures: Cameo Movo Beam Z 100, Movo Beam 100 (thanks to Felix Hartnagel)
  • New fixture: American DJ Focus Spot 4Z (thanks to Rico Hansen)
  • New fixtures: Showlite LED Stage Bar, Eurolite LED D-1000 (thanks to Mark Baar)
  • New fixture: Starway Servo Color 4k (thanks to miktallerra)
  • New fixtures: Lixada 12 RGBW LED Par Light, Chauvet Intimidator Spot 110 (thanks to Lance Moore)
  • New fixtures: LedProLight LP04 36x18W RGBWAP, LP05 - 36x15W RGBWAP (thanks to Ivan Brinda)
  • New fixture: Botex SP-1500 (thanks to Gabse)
  • New fixture: Robe Robin 150 LEDBeam (thanks to Toby G)
OddSocks

Thanks Massimo.
CoS2000

Thanks Massimo - I hoped new Version comes before my next event...

Can somebody give informations about stability? The test-versions of 4.12.2 crashed very often. Many people sayd that 4.12.1 was very stable. If somebody already worked with this release, please share some expirences!

Massimo: Thanks for your massive work on QLC+!
edogawa

Great news, thank you Massimo!

Looking at your OBS builds, I remember a dependency problem we've discussed before(more than a year ago IIRC): unfortunately openSUSE Tumbleweed doesn't provide an old enough protobuf package to build ola against, and that's why all your QLC package variants don't build for Tumbleweed.

I've found an older version of protobuf and branched it to my home project, also branched ola from your project, and this works.

I am surprised ola upstream haven't released a new verson since then, so as an intermediate workaround, please reconsider downgrading protobuf by branching it from:

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show ... m/protobuf

I'm pretty sure that once it is in your home project and builds, ola and subsequently all the QLC package builds will succeed for Tumbleweed.

If you have a better solution or a reason not to follow my proposal, I'm curious to read about it, but please do something to provide Tumbleweed builds again. Not for me, I obviously can build my own binaries and packages, but for other users of this cool rolling release distro.

Thanks a lot, Edgar
fronk

Thanks for all your hard work in this and the Pi4 releases.
Well done!
frank
Mibmusic

Thank you for the hard work and it works fine on my system. I sincerely hope you will find time in the near future to work on some issues with the Show function.

Best regards,

Gerard
vector

Excellent release Massimo,
Ive persuaded the band again to put a donation in with great thanks. I wish we could do more, maybe when we are famous :)

I tested at length the submaster faders within frames and it looks to work a treat.
I managed two frames (with submasters) to run QLC in a typical manual live mode. Ie setup scene one in top frame then fade up. Then rack up scene two, fade two in and fade 1 out. Perfect. This is also working across chasers. So far I havent encountered any "left behind values" or "stuck" lights.
I can rack up set known predefined scenes and store in chaser but if something happens "live" and I have to adjust position or stage zones to accommodate a weird or off balanced performer layout I can now simply fade to my manual live scene system.

Clone all the scenes. Duplicate widgets for the second VC frame and remap to the clones. Done.

Many many thanks. :D
RockstarLighting

A HUGE thank you Massimo and all involved! So far, seems to run as it should on Windows 10. :)
lbon1989

Hi :) just wanted to check whether this fixes the Enttec USB Pro Mk2 issue?

Tried the fix that massimo posted for 4.12.1 but it didn't work. Moving Heads do not work well with 4.12.1 with the Enttec USB Pro Mk2
CoS2000

Hi there,

i worked 3 Days with QLC+ 4.12.2 - I had many, many crashes. The Version is good, no big bugs so far, but many crashes in all Situations, exept in live mode. I never had a crash in live mode, whats important to say ;-)

As Device i use Enttec DMXUSB Pro and all works fine (no timing or dmx problems). I used Windows 7 on a Dual-Core Notebook with 2 GB RAM.

The value overwriting bugs seems better than on 4.11.1, cause i had lesser problems with this. I run only one time into it (but i still cant reproduce)! The bugs that i described using the 4.12.2 beta versions seems to be fixed so far. But the crashs annoy me ;-) - but its ok, cause no crashes in live mode!

I had 2 "bugs":

1: One time QLC stops sending DMX values while programming (but i cant say if the USB/DMX Interface was the problem)
2: One time the "play" button in show mode not worked (no reaction after press play)

In both cases i had to restart QLC+!

The problem with the BlendMode i had last times, seems fixed (no problems here)!

So far QLC+ 4.12.2 is a good step! We have to work on the crashes!

Massimo: Huge thanx for your work on this big software! Its still unbelievable, that you work alone on it!

Best regards
CoS
Tat2sailor

Noob here to Pi. I would like to use the Pi4B to run QLC+ for a wifi dmx light set up, is this up and running? Is the software availible? I was debating to purchase the 3B+ or 4B. Building my own Node and would like to ensure that the Pi4B will work. thank you in advance,
Mitch
Aji

thank you Massimo! ;) ;) ;)
MarcBee

The fixture description for Showtec compact par 7 - q4 is not complete. The white color is not simulated in the 2D Fixture monitor.
I love QLC+. Great job; done by someone who knows the business... Thank you Massimo. Regards, Marc
Last edited by MarcBee on Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
GGGss

Marc,

Wrong place to post a problem
The white channel doesn't react because QLC+ is working in an RGB-world.
For now, you have to program white as an extra separate channel.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore