Enttec Pro Compatible Dongle

Ask a question about the usage of QLC+ with the Windows operating system
MSJones2452

Hello, new to forum and relatively new to QLC. I have been using the software with an old Enttec Pro Compatible DMX dongle that was purchased for running holiday lighting. I've been using this dongle w/o issues for almost 6 mos. I recently purchased a newer version of the dongle because the new one has both an RJ45 AND a 3-pin DMX output. I cannot get the new one to work at all. It appears that everything is being recognized w/in QLC. The dongle has a green light that flashes to indicate it is receiving a DMX signal but I'm getting no output to my lights. The dongle was purchased from a company called HolidayCoro.com which is the same place I purchased the original many years ago. Below is exactly what the input/output screen says when I bring up the info on the dongle.
DMX USB
This plugin provides DMX output support for DMXKing ultraDMX range, Enttec DMX USB Pro, Enttec Open DMX USB, FTDI USB COM485 Plus1, Vince USB-DMX512 and compatible devices.

No input support available.
1: FT245R USB FIFO (S/N: AH05NG38)
Device is operating correctly.
Driver in use: FTD2xx
Protocol: Open DMX USB
Manufacturer: FTDI
DMX Channels: 512
DMX Frame Frequency: 44Hz
System Timer Accuracy: Good

If anyone can provide some assistance I would greatly appreciate it. I'm using version 4.12.2 if that helps.

Thank you,

Matt
GGGss

What if you swap DATA+ and DATA- terminal posts?
(this involves soldering or as a temp solution create your own male-female XLR combination but with swapped DATA lines.)
(I remember the first thing I had to do with an Enttec out of the box was resoldering the data terminals)
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
MSJones2452

Thanks for the reply GGGss, I made a crossover cable but it didn't work. As soon as I plugged in the cable all the lights on the PAR can turned on and would not turn off. The cable I made had data + on pin 3, data - on pin 2 and ground on pin 1 (this was the end plugged into the dongle). The end plugged into the light had data - on pin 3, data + on pin 2 and ground on pin 1. I believe that is what you were talking about when you said "swapped data lines" I would prefer not to take the dongle apart as that would make it difficult to return if I can't get it to work. I appreciate the idea, wished it would've worked. Please let me know if I'm missing something with my crossover cable.

Matt
MSJones2452

Fix has been found! I know this is going to be a big shock to everyone on here but.....it was not only simple, but kinda dumb. When I connected the Enttec Pro Compatible USB dongle, Windows immediately found/downloaded the driver for it. When I looked at the input/output on QLC it was showing the dongle and everything looked fine. After going through several past posts on here, I found one on the Enttec Pro and it said something about forcing QLC to show it having an "input" AND an "output". There was a link but it didn't actually show anything with how to do that. I had noticed with my older dongle, that was the only real difference between the two. The old one showed both but the new one did not. After playing with the program, I found a drop down when I clicked on the description of the dongle. Viola! There it was! QLC had defaulted the configuration as an Enttec Open with only an "output". When I clicked on the Pro version it was configured with both. Now....All is well!

To GGGss, thank you for your idea and responding so quickly. I appreciate your help!
GGGss

Thanks for reporting...
(you got me triggered because the green led was showing activity without any output)
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore