Changes made in Kiosk ignored until restarted.

The issues found when using the Virtual Console
Puddleglum

QLC+ in Kiosk mode used to be steady as a rock. About two to three months ago the interface would quit responding... or more accurately, you could make changes to the sliders but no changes were made to the lights.

If the kiosk was closed and then reinstantiated, function would return for a while.

Running v4 on Fedora 30 box with Entec OpenDMX USB box.

This is problematic for a Kiosk, but even more so because the workspace doesn't save any 'on launch' or 'on disconnect' values. There's no non-disruptive way to restore functioning when relaunching the kiosk full-offs all of the fixtures. If we notice that it's stopped responding during a church service, we just have to be content with whatever the current lighting situation is until we can kill it, relaunch, and then turn back on the houselights.

Ideally, one could add a 'kill and relaunch with set default values' button to the interface.
GGGss

If I remember correctly, there once was a macro which killed suicide on regards to QLC+
I think it was a pyton script fired by a macro and the script did kill the QLC+ service and rebooted the machine.

But if I read you correctly, you state that after a restart the kiosk does not come up (binded correctly to the interface) ???
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
Puddleglum

No.

The lights just stop responding to changes made in the QLC+4 kiosk.

To get control back, the kiosk must be closed and relaunched.
Puddleglum

Still anxious to find a solution. Need production stability/reliability and have folks breathing down my neck to find a way to turn this into a reliable solution we can trust. Don't know if I should suspect the software, the controller, Fedora, or the Computer.
GGGss

a long shot ... does your Fedora have a power-saving mode? Then it would disable the USB port.
(on windows there is such a documented behaviour and oh boy when you find it your feel yourself the king)
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore