"No Input/Output Support Available" (Connecting SPD-SX)

The issues found when using the Input/Output Manager panel
jfusion

Hi I've just downloaded QLC+ and am trying to build a light show for my band. We run backing tracks off an SPD-SX and I want to sync a simple light show to the clicks.

Inside the program however, I run into two problems. First, the Roland SPD-SX isn't recognized as a built-in MIDI interface, so I had to "create" one. The other issue that there is no check box option when looking at the MIDI plugin section on the I/O screen. When I look at the display box underneath the I/O, adjacent to the "Configure Selected Plugin" button, it reads "NO INPUT SUPPORT AVAILABLE" When i click the "Configure Selected Plugin" button a blank window appears. When watching tutorials on how to set up inputs and even the tutorial provided by QLC it seems there should be three options to get the process started but nothing is showing up for me.

Any help with a) figuring out how to add a new MIDI input to the I/O list and b) general advice on how to sync tracks within an SPD-SX to QLC+ would be GREATLY appreciated. I'm headed to SXSW in a few weeks and really want to bring these with me.

Thanks!
mcallegari

Which QLC+ version are you using? 4 or 5? Cause you posted this on v5...
jfusion

Ah you know what it was V4 — curious though, would i be able to import my shows from v4 into v5? the workflow of 5 looks much smoother (and the cursor moves in time)