iPad Control

Ask a question about the usage of QLC+ with the Mac OSX operating system
Akstrat61

The last threads I could find on this issue are from 2015? I was wondering if there was new information or if people are still using the Hexler Limited TouchOSC for this application. I am trying to find a wireless touch application to run QLC off my MacBook Pro to an iPad. I play in a band and have fiqured out how to map our layout to an iRig Blueboard, but that only has for buttons and is pretty limited. If I use multiple pages, its pretty easy to get lost in what controls what?

It would be nice if I could somehow get the Visual Console as a touch app on my iPad? That would be ideal. Any updates on this topic or suggestions for another solution for a band application and control from stage by a musician? Prefer wireless and the computer could be placed by the sound board.

I have attached a copy of my current file if people would like to look at it? Maybe that will help see what we have and are trying to do wirelessly. Thanks!
Attachments
Brothers 2020 Final.qxw
(82.57 KiB) Downloaded 200 times
mlohrey

Probably the simplest way is to use the web access built into QLC+ and then use a browser on the iPad. This will just require you to create a network on your mac that the iPad can connect to.

Alternatively, you can use a VNC app on your iPad and then screen share with your mac.
Akstrat61

Cool! I shared that reply with my Bass player who is good with tech stuff. We will try and set stuff up for our next show!
Akstrat61

We got it to work last night! He had to go into the Terminal, which is above my pay grade, run some comand, go back to QLC+ Virtual Console and hit Play. Then went back to the iPad web browser and typed in the IP address! Bang! There it was, our show ready to control with an iPad! Very cool!