QLC hangs when going through sound queue too fast

The issues found when using the Virtual Console
HansC

Hi all,

I'm having issues with a cue list, filled with songs (wav's/mp3's).

When I press the next button to fast, QLC suddenly stops responding,
playing the last song completely and only then starts repsonding again...

I use QLC in our theatre, and I sometimes need to go from song 1 to 5, but when it hangs,
I'm unable to do anything else until the songs has finished. Causing lights not to respond anymore.

Any thought how to solve this?

thanks,
Hans
GGGss

QLC+ is not a jukebox ;-)
If you want to jump from 1 to 5 - I suggest to create a button matrix inside a solo frame to be able to directly address the song you want to play ...

(You forgot to mention QLC+ version + O.S.)
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
kenact

I've run into this as well. One work around is to click on the cue you want to jump to, then hit the enter key.

If you absolutely have to run through the cues sequentially, the only thing to do is stay on each sound cue a second, before clicking forward.
kenact

Windows 10 x64 8gb RAM, 2.4 Dual Core CPU
QLC+ 4.12.2
Enttec OpenDMX

I accidently triggered this problem last night at a rehearsal. I made a couple of observations.

First, I hadn't saved my project yet, my stupidity. After my sound cue finished playing, I was able to control the project, but I couldn't save it.

Thinking I would have to recreate my project from scratch, I tried to do screen prints of all my functions. I pressed Print Screen, opened Paint and CTRL + c to paste into Paint. Unfortunately, it would only paste a completely black screen. I verified that Print Screen and Paint were working, from another application.

Having made additional changes to the project, I tried saving the screen shots again, and this time it worked.

As this was a rehearsal, I continued running for another 2 hours, so as not to hold up the actors, with the intention of recreating the project after rehearsal, but at the end of rehearsal I tried saving the project again, and fortunately the Save function had started working again.

I hope that information helps.
Andrew

I have come across the same problem.
QLC+ 4.12.2 on Linux (Solus).

When going through a Cue List of audio files while they are playing, QLC+ occasionally 'freezes' until the audio finishes. Some things respond, eg. a button attached to a lighting scene will have its border turn green, but nothing happens in the Simple Desk until the audio has finished.

The main workspace I was using has FLAC files, but I've created a test with MP3s from 0 A.D. which are CC BY-SA licensed. I was going to include the music in the attachment but it's too large. Music downloadable from here.

In my main workspace, once QLC+ had frozen, the Play/Pause button on the audio chaser was the only thing which continued to function. In this test, I can't get it to go wrong as easily. It can take a minute or so of pressing next/previous cue before it freezes. (That could be because I was able to stop pressing Previous/Next as soon as I noticed the freeze, and now I'm giving it an extra Previous/Next command, I don't know.)

Also, when making this test I noticed that deleting one audio fine from the Function list works. Selecting two (or more) and deleting them both causes QLC+ to crash... Most of the time...
Attachments
QLC+ Audio Test.qxw
(2.52 KiB) Downloaded 57 times
kenact

I figured out a simple way to recreate the problem.

add an audio file as a step in a chase, but leave the fade in, fade out and hold set to zero. once you land on that step, the chase will automatically attempt to move on to the next step, but the audio file will play to completion.