Virtual Console

Request a feature that you would like to see in QLC+.
Explain in details why you would need it and which is your usage case.
MaxMeyer

Hello,

it would be very helpful to have the ability to start an "pre-script" in a VC-Button with a scene first.
Background: When i have a VC-Button to start a scene, i will stop some functions first. Not all functions, but some of them related to the new scene.

Example: I have started a scene. Then i have finetuned the scene with additional functions (for example Movingheads). Now the next actor enter the stage and the next scene starts. Now i want to start with this new VC-scene, but i want to get rid of the "finetune" Functions fast.

Max
Ranger762

It's true that it would be an useful feature to have, I'd use it!
GGGss

Interesting thought: an temporary override function ... think of it.
But very hard to implement I guess and what if you undo the temporary override? Mayhem to the light plot on stage? Yikes
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
MaxMeyer

Hello GGGss,

no overriding. For example in a scene (Button first actor) there is only one PAR-Light on DMX 1 at 50%. Inside this scene i start a function with a second PAR-Light on DMX 2 at 100%. No override!!
Now i press the second Button (second Actor, DMX 1 at 80%). This button is in a soloframe such as the first button, so DMX 1 fade from the first to the second scene. Perfect. But DMX 2 stays at 100%.
And i have to manually switch the function that controls DMX2 off.

The idea behind all of this is to have two Parts on the Virtual Console:
1. Presets which have basic setting of the actor.
2. a lot of functions which can be added live depending on the situations.
But this addons have to be resetted when the next Preset starts.
GGGss

now I understand you

a script resetting all "add-on" scenes
or you change your workload to LTP (this means completely overthinking everything - when you go to second actor all actor 1 have to be reset)
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore