"Ghost" lights when passing in production

Generic issues not specifically related to a QLC+ area.
Post here only if you can't really find the reason of an issue
Pimousse

Hi,

I experienced some trouble yesterday at a theater show.
When passing into production mode, I got some lights ON even if all functions were stopped (through the "Stop all functions" buttons).
In "Simple Desk", faders of these lights were consistent with the lights ON.
Blackout still worked as expected (all lights OFF).

Coming back into Editing mode, deselecting Functions in "Functions Editor" (that way all lights were off and then come back into Production mode.
Sometimes it worked directly, sometimes, I had to repeat it twice.

Is it a know bug ?
Or did I something wrong ?

Thanks !

QLC+ 4.12.1
DMX : ENTTEC OPEN DMX
MIDI : Behringer X-Touch Compact
Project file attached
Attachments
Cliches_theatre_echange.qxw
Project file
(58.7 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
Pimousse

Hello,

Sorry to insist on it.
We had a show last Thursday and this issue has been very annoying.

It appears that in Edit mode, if a scene is still selected (DMX channels set to the scene value for preview) while going into Production mode, the DMX channels keep the values.
Only Blackout has an effect on it otherwise, no way to put all DMX channels to zero ("Stop all functions" button has no effect).

Restarting QLC Plus had no effect.
I had to restart the WHOLE computer to come back to a normal behaviour.

Please, consider this issue.

Clément
Pimousse

Hello,

Does' anyone encountered this issue ?
Am I the only one ?
If so, please tell me what I'm doing wrong or at least what I can try/test to gather more details on this behaviour.
Thanks gentlemen. :)
vector

I can get strange things to happen and yes I dont believe "stop all functions" clears everything. Ive tried resetting things in simple desk too, not always successful.
The only workaround I have found is to reload the workspace. This never fails to clear "stuck" settings for me.
Luckily this is pretty quick
It appears that in Edit mode, if a scene is still selected (DMX channels set to the scene value for preview) while going into Production mode
Yes Ive seen this, I try to always make sure I deselect(ie click on a top folder not a scene) b4 leaving the editor to got to VC
Restarting QLC Plus had no effect.
I had to restart the WHOLE computer to come back to a normal behaviour.
Ok this I have never had to do,, reload workspace solves my stickie lights
pgScorpio

Ok this I have never had to do,, reload workspace solves my stickie lights
My experience is that just "reloading" the workspace most of the time does not solve the problem, closing and restarting QLC however does....
:geek: Software is the stuff that makes Hardware flexible ! :lol:
mlohrey

I have had this happen a few times.

My work flow is to hit stop on the virtual console. Go to function manager and then make sure to click somewhere so that a function isn’t selected. This ensures everything iis off.

Then I can return to the virtual console.

That said, I only use MacOS so it may be different in other operating systems.

Cheers
Mark
GGGss

What does the DMX monitor say when your lights stick? Is there a value sent?
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
pgScorpio

GGGss wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:08 am What does the DMX monitor say when your lights stick? Is there a value sent?
In my case I saw different cases with different effects, all shown in the dmx monitor.

Sometimes one or more rgb channels stuck at a fixed value, unable to change them with simple control too.

One time a LTP channel was stuck at a fixed value, able to raise the value with simple control but unable to lower it again.

Also, multiple times, random channels where "flashing" between 255 and their intended value, this while nothing was running (I did press stop all functions already multiple times before checking the monitor).

Reloading the workspace did not solve any of these problems but closing and restarting qlc did.

All times the problems started when changing scenes and/or effects and testing them from the virtual console. I never had any of these problems when starting qlc and just running a show.
:geek: Software is the stuff that makes Hardware flexible ! :lol:
softserve

I have had similar issues to this.. I have found that if you fade the GM all the way down, then restart qlc, it clears the stuck channels. Saves you a computer restart at least...

Edit: I suppose this only works for intensity channels