Panel With Selectable # of Colors

Request a feature that you would like to see in QLC+.
Explain in details why you would need it and which is your usage case.
farlander762

I keep finding "stupid" used fixtures at pawn shops, music stores, etc. The latest one is a 16x16 matrix. Each pixel is a different color (5 colors), it works out into a pattern when they are all on. The pixel colors themselves aren't such an issue, the thing is basically a single color matrix. This one fixture can use 256 DMX channels as on-off only. 0-49 is off, 50-255 is on.

By manually manipulating the Simple Desk I was able to produce an OK version of a 7-segment clock (see the "Clock Manual" file). That was a colossal pain so I set it up as a channel group into a 16x16 matrix. I also had to manually invert each pixel because for some infernal reason the fixture numbers right to left in a zig-zag, top to bottom. I'm going to make it run a countdown timer, should take a long time to set 2 minutes worth of RGB Matrices...

Given the hassle of what I did, it would be nice if there was a way to manually pick the number of colors for a panel.

Thanks!
Attachments
Aura LED Tek Matrix RGB Matrix.jpg
Aura LED Tek Matrix Clock Manual.jpg
GGGss

farlander762 wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:17 am way to manually pick the number of colors
Can't you manipulate a custom fixture definition for that?
I don't understand your question

For every digit I would create 10 separate cues 0 - 9
copy those
change 1 cue for the next digit
take a backup of your project file
use a text editor and carefully change digit 2 cues to the digit 1 setting...

and so one
now the trick is to make nice cue-lists and have some mechanism for the next steps inside these cue lists.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
farlander762

I like you. You have smart ideas. I've just been using this thing to harass my cat because it looked too time consuming.

My original thought that some panels or fixtures stacked into matrices have more (or less) than RGB. This panel might as well be single color because each pixel color was set into a pattern by the manufacturer.

I just made a different post about this fixture, had forgotten this one.

Thanks!