Multiple submasters will "block"

The issues found when using the Virtual Console
Franzi

When placing multiple subsmasters in a frame, at some point, neither will restore the channels anymore :-(
See attached sample:
Test multi submasters.qxw
(4.22 KiB) Downloaded 51 times
Bring the dimmer with the first submaster to ANY value.
Bring the dimmer with the second submaster to zero.
You´ll have no luck in bringing the channel back on.
Have to quit an restart qlc+ at this point :-(
GGGss

But why would one want 2 submasters? They will fight for sure...
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
Franzi

Two seperate looback triggers ? Perhaps you know another solution, I just came araound
- using one submaster to blackout PARs
- using one submaster to blackout moving heads
- using ... what ... to blackout both ?

A "frame" solution didn´t worked for me as well. because of this scenario:
- blackout PAR, moving heads stay on. both scenes are in seperate frames with a submaster each.
- blackout both with an "outer" submaster.
- bring back the "outer" submaster to full - ouch - previous "blackout" PARs are coming up too :-(
This wasn't successful either.
Any help will be gratefully received.

Anyway - the issue remains an issue in the first place for me.
softserve

I have also found myself wanting this same functionality and had the same results when trying it out.

Basically being able to sub group things with a submaster, and then group the sub groups with another submaster controlling them all (also taking into account the subgroups sub master settings) would be very useful.
softserve

Sooo, there is a way...

If you use a loopback universe, it requires a little extra work for sure, but isn't toooo complicated.

Basically, you set up a frame that has intensity sliders for the group you are trying to control with the initial submaster. But instead of attaching directly to the dimmers you want to control, you control arbitrary dimmers on the loopback universe. You then set up all the sliders in the "bigger group" in another frame. You then use input control from the loopback universe to control these. Put a submaster in that frame and you have what you want.

Not that easy to explain but I have attached a very simple project showing this behavior. NOTE: you must look at the output monitor to see the effect in action. Also the behavior of the GM becomes exponential I believe because of this, as it is dimming double.
Multiple submasters.qxw
(11.44 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
GGGss

softserve wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:17 pm Also the behavior of the GM becomes exponential I believe because of this, as it is dimming double.
Understandable since GM uses all universes (even your loopback ones)
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore