USB Problems

Generic issues not specifically related to a QLC+ area.
Post here only if you can't really find the reason of an issue
softserve

I getting little glitches in QLC+ 4.12.2 and .1, where lights will flicker momentarily when on a static dimmer setting. However, the issue only pops up when I have this other usb device connected as well (Black Magic Web Presenter). They are plugged into different ports (QLC+ into a usb 3.0 connection, and the web presenter plugged into a usb c to usb 3.0 hub).

I am trying to stream facebook live on the same laptop, which obviously isn't ideal, but it doesn't seem to be pushing the processor very hard (20-30%). This might be more of a generic windows or computer issue (HP zBook), because the web presenter seems to glitch slightly as well when I have them both plugged in. Anyways, wondering if anyone has knowledge about these types of things, or ideas of things to try and trouble shoot.

Thanks,
Andrew
GGGss

You didn't mention the make and model of your DMX interface...
I guessing lowering it's frequency will help... (a lot of articles are present in this forum)
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
softserve

Ah yes, it's the enttec usb pro mk2, its seems that only the second universe is having issues, though it's hard to tell because the first universe is lekos, and I'm not sure they would react fast enough to the flicker. And thanks, I'll look around some more.
GGGss

woow ... oke
That one needs a lot of power. >600mA
When I use it with an usb powered hub I get into trouble.
I normally connect it to a fixed usb port of the PC / laptop and then it works flawless together with quality fixtures.
The Chinese counterparts are not always that happy with the 44Hz DMX frequency.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
softserve

For what it's worth, I have the entec plugged directly into a usb 3.0 charging port on laptop, so I don't believe power is the issue. The web presenter is plugged into a separate usb c thunderbolt port (with usb converter hub).

I'll be troubleshooting this on Wednesday, and will try changing the refresh rate to see if there is a fix there.

Thanks again for your input,
Andrew