[solved] No wave form in audio track

The issues found when using the Show Manager panel
Mibmusic

Hi,

I have responded to another thread before but I think that was not the way to go. So now I am opening this thread and hopefully someone can help me.

When I add an audio track to a show I do not see the wave form at all. It is the case for .wav and .MP3 files. I have tried windows 10, High Sierra, Mojave and Cataline but it does not help.
I tested 4.12.1, 4.12.2 and also the new 4.12.3. I use Garageband to create the files so perhaps that could cause it?

Any help is appreciated.
Last edited by Mibmusic on Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
mcallegari

Since you're talking about an audio file...can you share that audio file?
Also, does it play in QLC+ or not?
Mibmusic

Good afternoon and thank you for your quick response,

I feel kind of stupid that I did not share the file so here it is. And yes I can hear the audio but I do not use QLC+ to play it. The file I shared is a very short and simple guiding track the band hears in the in-ear system. Just in case you wonder why we could use the wave form: We also have guiding tracks of 5 minutes and longer containing medley’s and mashups. The wave form will make it so much easier to recognize when something 'is happening' in the song. (a sample, a count-in, etc)

Please let me know if you have any questions or need to me to test/share something.

Gerard
sample.mp3
(1.06 MiB) Downloaded 328 times
mcallegari

Then I believe I know why you don't see any waveform. The horizontal graphics resolution is too low!
Try to zoom in. I think I've seen kind of the same with another metronome track I used in the past.

[EDIT] on Linux I can see something on 1920x1080. Shot attached
Attachments
Screenshot_20191103_211158.png
Mibmusic

Ok, here’s the solution for me and I feel a bit ashamed. I had played with all settings like zoom-in and zoom-out, time division versus BPM but nothing changed. Just a minute ago I right-clicked my mouse on the audio track and that gave me the option to select a preview mode. After selecting stereo channels the click and count-in appeared. And even when zooming out completely, all is there!

I am sorry I bothered you with this but thanks again for the help!!!!

Gerard