4.12.2Git-submaster mode

The issues found when using the Virtual Console
vector

Cascading submasters not quite right.

Many thanks for the work on submaster faders within frames work you have done.
I did extensive tests with the latest 4.12.2.20190819 from git5.
there is one small niggle.
test Files attached.
We have one Master fader and a frame of scenes with its own sub master fader.
Faders set to percentage mode.

Open workspace, enter VC, operate mode.
Increase master dimmer, (should have no lights) Pass.
select a scene,say blue. (should be no lights as submaster is at zero) Fail:(
The lights actually come up. The scene bypasses its submaster
touch the submaster tho and they extinguish and then behave/fade in accordance to the submaster. Pass.
test2:
submaster to zero,leave master where it is.
select another scene (no lights as expected until you raise the submaster) Pass.
This correct/expected operation continues until the master is dropped to zero and raised again which seems to reinstate the incorrect operation of the submaster.

Explanation as to why this "cascading" function is required is complicated. It comes back to running QLC in a manual live mode where you have a duplicate of a bank of lights and cross fading between them, which thanks to the latest update is now 90% working:)
Attachments
submasterTest.qxw
(8.27 KiB) Downloaded 49 times
GGGss

If it helps ... large consoles require every master (sub-, speed-, efx-, ...) to be touched before the desk is in sync with what is shown.
Therefore the rule: when a desk is patched at a venue it isn't powered down till after production (even for days) ...
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
vector

GGGss wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:36 am If it helps ... large consoles require every master (sub-, speed-, efx-, ...) to be touched before the desk is in sync with what is shown.
Therefore the rule: when a desk is patched at a venue it isn't powered down till after production (even for days) ...
Noted but I don't think that applies to this.
"This correct/expected operation continues until the master is dropped to zero and raised again which seems to reinstate the incorrect operation of the submaster."

This "mode"of operation Im talking about follows on from a number of posts on here about using QLC in a more manual, patching as the show goes operation.
This was not available until Massimo kindly fixed some errant Virtual Console/Slider code in the latest update.
Set scene on bank 1, fade to it, rack up bank 2(blind), fade to that, re rack bank1(blind) fade ,,,loop. A necessary evil when the show is not/cannot be preset.Those fades are done using the masters and as such each time you "switch" between banks it will twitch the submasters ;(

I can create a bigger workspace to show this type of operating mode but there are other posts explaining that.
Im simply testing the updates and reporting.

(edit Ive attached a quick bank to bank workspace)
Ive actually found another niggle which might explain the reason.
master to 80%
bring submaster to say 30% equates to about 64DMX
touch the master and it jumps to 200DMX.(not the expected 64 +or-)
Me thinks the faders are acting on direct levels and not adhering to my understanding of percentages.
Which would be something like:
master @100% submaster @100% =255DMX
master @100% submaster @50% =127DMX
master @50% submaster @50% =64DMX

Hope that helps
Attachments
submasterTest-2.qxw
(21.74 KiB) Downloaded 50 times
RockstarLighting

I am also seeing the same issue with chasers and sequences. When in the same frame as a submaster with the submaster all the way down, chasers and sequences seem to bypass the submaster and come on. Strangely, if you bring a chaser into a cue list, and have that cue list in the same frame as the submaster, it seems to work as it should.