DMXkingPro2 Univ 2 work with QLC+4??

Ask a question about the usage of QLC+ with the Mac OSX operating system
jjhp3

Didn't have room for the whole question... which is Universe 1 works great, but today I tried to use the universe 2 USB output from the DMXking box and nothing appears in the Input/Output for universe 2 in QLC+ 4.12.1. Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6

Thanks!

John
GGGss

Looking at the specs of your adapter I guess you have to configure port 2 to be an output...
I suppose they provide a tool of some kind to change that?
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
JP3

Thanks for your reply. I received a message from DMXKing today saying they had sent a unit to QLC+ a while ago and thought it should work in enhanced mode. What is enhanced mode? I asked the same question of DMXKing... hoping to solve this, John
GGGss

Can you confirm that the 2nd port is configured as output please?
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
mcallegari

I have the old UltraDMX2 PRO model. I haven't got the new one with ArtNet included (but I'd really like to try one)

@JP3 can you please share a screenshot of the Input/Output devices list when the adapter is plugged in?
I need to check with which name it presents itself.
JP3

Thank you for looking into this. Your program works very well running behind Isadora for the sound and video. I will send a screen shot today.

John
JP3

Here's my screen shot - if I add another DMX cable and light to the other output, no DMXPro options are available. Thanks - John
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-09-04 at 2.50.56 PM.png
mcallegari

That's what I suspected. The product name is not recognized as DMXKing, therefore it is mapped as a generic device.
You need to force the transmission protocol to "Ultra Pro" (double click on the device name to open the configuration dialog)
I really need to get one of those adapters and patch the detection code.
jjhp3

Bravo! Grazie mille! That method produced two universes that work. But now there is another problem I can't figure out: I am using Isadora to send MIDI messages to QLC+ to trigger scenes. I can't understand how to have Isadora as an input to both universes. I must be missing something...

Thanks for any advice,

John