[closed] Terminal output in show differs from sequence settings

The issues found when using the Function Manager panel
Mibmusic

Hi Guys,

I am sure I am doing something wrong, and I am not sure I put this in the proper place but I have an issue I cannot solve.

Please take a look at my show file and open the sequence '19 - Ayra + Stairville - Shots Sequence'. Select step 7 and activate the fixture monitor. As you can see Geyer P7 #3 has no lights on.
But if you run the sequence (press start) and then look at the fixture monitor, at step 7 the Geyser P7 #3 has 1 light on. Am I missing something here?

I use qlq 4.12.2. on MacOS 10.14.6. but I also tested 4.12.2.on MacOS 10.13.6. and 4.12.1. on MacOS 4.14.6

Best regards,

Gerard
BarkingBruce-v1.3.qxw
(275.38 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
Last edited by Mibmusic on Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mibmusic

Ok, so even when I remove the Geysers from this scene it still lights up. Any help is appreciated!
Mibmusic

So I changed the dmx channels of Geyser 3 and 4 to 121 and 136 and now the DMX monitor looks fine. Anyone and idea what is going on here? I think I created the Ayra’s with 18 channels and put them back to 15, so perhaps that could be a cause? And should I 100% rely on what the dmx monitor shows?
Last edited by Mibmusic on Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
edogawa

You're right, that looks like a bug...

If you're asking for a workaround, try to set the master dimmer channel of Geyser 3 in step 7 to 0 as well... when I do that it doesn't light up in preview anymore.

No idea what is going on though, I'd file a github issue.
Mibmusic

Thank you, but did you read the previous post, I edited it. I created the Ayra fixtures with 18 channels but the Ayra fixtures are not working well with 18 channels so I changed them to 15 channels. Perhaps that’s part of the bug. Now I changed the channels of the new geysers and all seems fine! I only wonder if in real live the bug would appear too, or is it just a monitor issue?

And what about github? That does not mean anything to me. Should I do something?
Last edited by Mibmusic on Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
edogawa

Sorry, I didn't see your latest follow-up, seems I had started writing mine already at that time...

I can't say if changing the Ayra's modes/channel count is related to this.

By Github I meant QLC+ code repository, or more precisely

https://github.com/mcallegari/qlcplus/issues

where you can report issues and propose fixes in form of pull requests (in case you can code). I think you'll need a github account for doing so.
Mibmusic

Found another issue in the same file. It has also got to do with Geyser P7 #3 and Geyser P7 #4 where changing colours is not possible. So there is more going on here! I will open a new thread for that one. But is github the way to do this? I mean besides 1 post of mcallegari the most entries are posted in 2018.
Mibmusic

Ok, So I went back to a backup showfile before I added this new 2 Geyer P7 fogmachines and added them again, but now starting at address 121. When I do that, I have no issue at all. I will investigate more but it looks a bit if this issue and my other issue are related to the fact that the Ayra’s had 18 channels when I created them but where changed back to 15 and somehow QLC+ did nod free some channels. I will mark this one as closed (and I will try to get it on Github) to not confuse you all.