How to configure RPi TouchOSC feedback address via web

All the topics related to QLC+ on the Raspberry Pi
Nicko453

I’ve been using QLC+ and TouchOSC (iPad) for a few years now, and very happy.

One thing I have not been able to work out is how to set the IP address for TouchOSC feedback via the web interface.

In the web interface, the IP address for feedback defaults to the host address of the RPi, and I need to set it to the IP address of the iPad. The drop down list of options does not allow me to specify a new address.

Is there any way to do this, short of plugging a keyboard into the RPi and manually changing the config (which is what I often have to do now) ?

(I usually try to set the correct feedback IP address in the config on my laptop before loading the config to the RPi, but sometimes things change and I need to update the RPi on the fly).

Many thanks,
Nick
Stringfamily

Hi Nick,

You could try ssh'ing into the Pi and then editing the

Code: Select all

/root/.qlcplus/autostart.qxw
file, locating the line you are after and modifying from there. You have to use sudo to edit, maybe make a backup first.

sudo cp /root/.qlcplus/autostart.qxw /root/.qlcplus/autostart.qxw.bak
sudo pico /root/.qlcplus/autostart.qxw
It will be after line 10, around the ,nputOutputMap> section.
Once changed, reboot the pi.
I created a script to automate this process every time I Ioad on a new version of my show, using a bash script and sed. For example:

sudo sed -i '11s#.*#   <Universe Name="Universe 1" ID="0" Passthrough="True">#' /root/.qlcplus/autostart.qxw
sudo sed -i '12s#.*#    <Input Plugin="OSC" Line="1" Profile="iPodOSC ipod"/>#' /root/.qlcplus/autostart.qxw
sudo sed -i '13s#.*#<Output Plugin="ArtNet" Line="1"/></Universe>#' /root/.qlcplus/autostart.qxw
sudo sed -i '14s#</Universe># #1' /root/.qlcplus/autostart.qxw
Basically I'm just replacing lines 11, 12, 13, 14 with what I need. It won't make sense without seeing my setup why I'm replacing line 14 with just </Universe> but it works for me, and it's probably very specific to my particular setup - going from OSX QLC+ to QLC+ for Pi.

Be aware that due to the nature of the XML format, an incorrect structure will render the file corrupt and it won't work.

Hope this helps!