new instal and nothing happens

All the topics related to QLC+ on the Raspberry Pi
nomadik

hi
I searched the forums and couldn't find anything so I'm posting. forgive me if this is not a new topic.

I'm a bit of a NOOB and have the Raspberry pi 3 B+ ... already installed Raspbian and other things in it.
finally got QLC+ and followed the instructions to install, but one I extracted the .img the doc says to flash the SDcard and reinstall from another computer.
I'm confused. Then I saw a Q Light Controller Plus icon but does nothing when I click it.

is there something I'm missing? trying to figure this out so I can control DMX through USB

Thanks
mcallegari

The official image file (.img) needs to be written on a SD card with some tool you can find online. (see PDF)
Then you insert the SD card into the RPi and after a few seconds QLC+ will startup automatically.

Installing QLC+ on an existing image is more complicated for several reasons.
If you're a newbie I suggest to stick with the official image and then eventually move to a custom solution.
Stringfamily

Massimo is completely correct.
You should definitely just use the image that is supplied. The instructions in the PDF are also very good. Just allow more time to get it all working - follow the instructions carefully, especially if the raspberry pi / linux is not your native environment and you are new to QLC+.

I use ApplePiBaker to write the image. I also use this same software to backup my working unit so that I can duplicate my completed, working 'show' to spare SD cards.

https://www.tweaking4all.com/software/m ... plePiBaker