Fixtures start to blink every second with version 20181110

All the topics related to QLC+ on the Raspberry Pi
Spick1982

Hi,

I got some trouble with the new version 20181110 on my Raspberry Pi.
I used a new micro SD card and "baked" the new image on it.
After uploading my qxw-File via the web interface and switched on a scene, my fixtures lite up in the correct colour but flashed red every second.
I checked all the settings but could not see any mistake so I flashed back the old 4.11.2. Everything worked smoothly again.
My interface is the Enttec Open DMX USB Interface.
Is there a setting conflict between the two versions? Thank you for your help!
Regards,
Andi
Attachments
180605 Andi.qxw
(255.94 KiB) Downloaded 46 times
mcallegari

See this: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=12499

You might need to adjust the output frequency of your adapter to something between 30Hz and 40Hz
Frank

Hello Massimo,
the same (or similar) with me ...
It flickers again and again. That did not exist "earlier". But that happens with the Rapberry ... (not Windows PC)
Where can you change the timing for the USB interface on Raspi?

In addition:
Every few hours there is a reset or crash or something ... An "automatic" restart.
The automatic login (password input), however, does not work then ...
So you have to remove the power supply and plug it in again ...

My first thought was a defect of the SD card, but also every other has the same problems.

Currently I am using version 4.11.1 again.

Regards
Frank

Okay, I found it ...: :o

It is a new parameter that is only available in version 4.12.
Since this parameter is not accessible via the web interface (?), You have to connect a monitor + keyboard to test this.
I will try it now ...
Sorry for my stupid question.
Frank

Hello Massimo,

while the problems with flickering are gone by reducing the output frequency (now 33 Hz),

the malfunction - as described above - remains ...

The attached image only shows the state of the display after the "restart", which takes place automatically at some point ...

The restart is only visible because the automatic re-registration does not take place ...

Regards
Frank

restart.jpg
mcallegari

Frank, how can I even possibly investigate a crash if you don't provide the details of your usage ?
I need to know everything you're doing: input/output configuration, what type of functions you use in your project, if the crash is randomic or predictable, etc..
When you gather all the above, please open a new thread, as this one is about "flickering", not crash.
Thanks
Frank

Hello Massimo,

thank you in advance!

Although my entire configuration has not changed in recent years, I have (almost) always used your newest image ...

For me it is not very important to use the newest one at the moment, because I'm really satisfied!

However, if I can help you find a (possible) error, then I will gladly do it! But, I do not want to give you any extra effort ...!

Sincerely
Frank
Spick1982

Hello Massimo,

I did the same as Frak did. I went back to an older Version.

I use the Rapberrypi as a stand alone device for my ambilights controlled just via webinterface - no monoitor connected.
Could you perhaps make it possilble to adjust the output frequency via the web Interface?

Regards,
Andi