Midi Network will not show up (PC)

The issues found when using the Input/Output Manager panel
lukelissenberg

Hi!

I have been using QLC+ fairly successfully for about a year, running midi cues from a Mac on stage through a midi network bus to QLC+ being run on a PC in the soundbooth. It's worked successfully dozens of times, which is why I'm out of my mind right now because QLC+ will NOT recognize the midi network session.

I've been routing the midi signal through the midi network utility "rtpMIDI" on the PC. It used to show up in QLC+ as "MIDI - Network (Session 1)" or something like that. Now it will not show up at all, even after uninstalling/reinstalling three different versions of QLC+, and uninstalling/reinstalling the rtpMIDI utility, and restarting the computer of course.

What am I doing wrong here? The rtpMIDI app is active, but will not show up in QLC+.

Luke Lissenberg
GGGss

Did you enable the Bonjour protocol on the PC?
Having a quick look at the rpiMIDI, it uses bonjour to establish a session...
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
lukelissenberg

So, I have resolved this issue. I feel really stupid, because it seems the issue was happening because I was going in via remote desktop, which was then disabling other network functions like network midi. Once I wasn't on remote desktop, network midi started working just fine again.

Forgive me, I am a musician first, then a lighting guy, then a programmer.

Luke Lissenberg