APC mini issues

Ask a question about the usage of QLC+ with the Linux operating system
daedeloth

Hi,

I've been searching this forum but haven't found anything, so sorry if I'm re-asking :-)

I can't get my APC Mini working properly. When I swithc to 'operate' mode, the apc mini stops responding. When in live mode, I go to inputs/outputs, uncheck the input and feedback, wait a second, then check the input and feedback again, and it works fine again.

I'm not sure what is going on. I have mirrored every button on the apc mini on the virtual console; could it be possible that this is too much feedback information to send to the apc mini when going in operate mode? I guess when going in operate mode, the feedback of each button (in default off mode) is sent to the apc, so maybe that is causing some trouble?

These are my settings:

I'm using a second midi universe for other inputs.
andres robles

Hello
I also use an akai apcmini and when it's all apc is
used and sending feedback on the changes between play / stop
it was disconnected and stopped working (you have to reconnect manually).
It seems that the problem is "too much information simultaneously" and the USB port is reset and the Akay disconnects and connects, when reconnected QLC + no longer recognizes it (only reconnecting manually)

The solution is to activate the "hotplug" button in Qlc +,
in this way Qlc + will recognize the devices that disconnect and connect hot,
The error will continue to occur (too much information in play / pause changes) and the USB port will be blocked and restarted, but in this case not more than 1 second the akay will remain connected where it was and without problems ...... To me it works for me and the error happens to me mostly with portable PC ....
Attachments
hot plug.png
GGGss

Can we get this documented Andres?
Does the Akai has an input-buffer restricted to xxx-bytes?
If the buffer is overfilled - it send a NACK (non acknowledged bit) back to its host?
And its host waits forever to resend
Until you reconnect (and resets the bus buffer)?

@massimo - can we buffer and send portions of the amount of instructions sent, to be send to ... [with the buffer in mind?] - in my Dutch native language the D-T rule strikes in heavily... Ik vind, jij vindt, vind jij
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
andres robles

hello fredje
I think the problem occurs because QLC + switches between play / stop this sends all comments / comments from the state to the midi / osc ...

This can be positive, with apcmini, when you go from stop to play, all akay apcmini will light up and look very nice, not send all the comments when changing to "play", the buttons will only light up when you press .... .

Apparently, there are many data simultaneously, for a usb ... and the usb restarts

But everything can get worse, there is no solution. In the use of 2 akay connected to qlc +, in the edition each time they alternate between "play / pause" the akay were interchanged among themselves (apc1-apc2 apc2-apc1) resulting confusing .....
Solution: map the 2 akay apcmini in virtual console and save and disconnect akay, then continue with the issue without problems, then connect the 2 akay and work (if there is a case that needs a "stop", the way to return to "play "and that everything is in its place is to do it 2 times):
(play) apc1-apc2 / ok
(stop) apc1-apc2ok
(play) apc2-apc1 / error
(stop) apc2-apc1 / error
(play) apc1-apc2 / ok
Attachments
Nochevieja.qxw
2 akay
(222.42 KiB) Downloaded 91 times