Fixture Group Editor not appearing

The issues found when using the Fixture Manager panel
edogawa

The manual states that once you select a fixture group in the fixture manager, an editor should appear at the right side of the screen with options to rename and reconfigure it.

For me the fixture group editor does not show up. So once I've made a fixture group it's not possible to rename or reconfigure it in any way.

This is 4.12.1 GIT from 2018-12-24 (commit 5f8d0b77d).

The attached test workspace has 4 generic RGB fixtures. To reproduce, load the workspace and click the folder icon for the fixture group "1".

Expected: an editor area showing up right side of the screen
Observed: nothing happens

Or have I missed to understand how this is supposed to work?

Thanks in advance,

Edgar
Attachments
missing_fixturegroupeditor.qxw
(2.93 KiB) Downloaded 237 times
edogawa

To shed some more light on this:

I logged out of KDE and into LXQt on my laptop, and wasn't able to see the editor there, either.

Then I booted into Windows10 and tried with 4.11.2 and (after updating the QLC installation) 4.12.0 and 4.12.1.94, and all of these displayed the fixture group editor...
mcallegari

You probably have the splitter totally on the right. Just drag it back
Otherwise, delete .config/qlcplus and try again
edogawa

Chapeau, Massimo, the splitter was pushed to the right side. You know your program really well!

I wouldn't even have considered that possibility. Lacking experience with fixture groups (and at the same time not seeing the group editor) probably was one of the reasons for my confusion in that recent thread below http://www.qlcplus.org/forum/viewtopic. ... 937#p55030

I'm looking at fixture groups and RGB matrices/VC animation widgets in detail for the first time, because I'll surely need them extensively soon. I'll write a separate post once the hardware I'm going to build myself is ready (36 pieces of 1 m self built LED tubes made of high density SMD 3535 RGB striplight, controlled by 5*24ch LED DMX decoders).

Sorry for the noise and thank you once again...

Edgar