Request appimage

zimbodel

To the developers
Please consider to make an appimage available for the stable versions.
Qt libraries are very difficult to upgrade compared to most other libraries and you are usually stuck with what came with the distro you use.
As an example Debian-9 is unusable with qlc+ due to qt library problems.

It would really be great to have an appimage available for stable releases to circumvent the contentious qt library trouble for the general user.

I am currently using your alpha version appimage as I have no other option.

Thanks
edogawa

I have been building QLC+ 4.x AppImages, an older one is still available, read this post from about a year ago:

http://www.qlcplus.org/forum/viewtopic. ... age#p49776

I gave up on that more or less because it needs some more work, either by clever packaging (not sure if possible at all) or by changing the way fixtures and possibly other resources are searched for.

At the moment at least fixture paths are not found by the appimage unless they are also installed to some location the code searches for them (/usr/share/qlcplus/fixtures and the user folder ~/.qlc/fixtures)

The other problem with my approach is that AppImage integration in OBS is somewhat experimental, I don't know the Appimage ecosystem well and currently can not spend time on this, and there's not a lot of documentation or how to/best practice guide. Currently it fails to find Qt5 lrelease although it's installed to the build system... that might be trivial to fix but again, as I said, I lack the time to investigate that for now.