Stairville Outdoor Stage Par 12 x 4W Quad

Request a fixture definition here
Mibmusic

Good day dear people,

So after days and days of figuring out how to let QLC+ enhence our show I finally ordered some fixtures to just play around. All is fine except that my fixture is not in the list. I just selected an other fixture and it works fine but I think I am at the stage that I want to see what my fixture can do. I have read the manual, looked at the tutorial multiple times but I don’t feel confident, at all.

Who is willing to help me out? The fixture is a Stairville Outdoor Stage Par 12 x 4W Quad, bought from Thomann. I attached the documentation since I cannot find any on the internet.

Thank you in advance and hope to hear from you soon!

Gerard
Attachments
page 3.jpg
page 2.jpg
page 1.jpg
Mibmusic

I will the last two pages asap. Seems I was not allowed to upload all five. Sorry about that!
edogawa

I found a pretty similar fixture from Stairville that is included with QLC, the Quad Par profile RGBW-5x8W.

You can load this from your installed fixtured directory, then save with new name to your user fixture folder.

Your attachments don't cover all channels in 8 ch mode, but from what I see, 4 ch mode is identical, in 6 ch mode you need to reorder the channels so that dimmer is channel 1, not 5. Then the macro and color constant/chasespeed channels for 8 ch mode have to be rewritten according to the manual DMX table, as their step values and meanings are different.

Then correct name and physical properties and you should be good to go.
Mibmusic

And the last 2 pages. Again thank you all!
Attachments
page 5.jpg
page 4.jpg
Mibmusic

I added the 2 other pages later on because I was not allowed to add all five at once. I am afraid I do not understand the big picture yet but I will surely look at it!
mcallegari

Mibmusic wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:44 pm I added the 2 other pages later on because I was not allowed to add all five at once. I am afraid I do not understand the big picture yet but I will surely look at it!
Next time please ZIP the images in one file, or share the PDF file. That's what you find in Thomann website.
Mibmusic

Ok I will and I am sorry for the inconvenience. I started with the PDF but was not able to upload it so I took screenshots of the pages. To ZIP them didn’t come to me. :(
Mibmusic

I think I managed it. Perhaps one of you experts can check?

Best regards,

Gerard
Attachments
Outdoor Stage Par 12 x 4W Quad.qxf
(4.09 KiB) Downloaded 69 times
Mibmusic

Anyone, please?
edogawa

Looks good from within the fixture editor, and it passes the validator... can't you test it on a real device and see if it's working in all three modes?
Mibmusic

I tested the 8 channel mode and that seems to be fine. I will test the others within the next two weeks and I will post the results. Thank you for helping me!