[solved] Enttec USB Pro MK2 + and choice of RPi

All the topics related to QLC+ on the Raspberry Pi
Mibmusic

First of all, sorry for my questions. But I am trying to figure out which way to go. I figured out that QLC+ gives us exactly what our band needs; Real nice DMX shows start/stop via a Roland SPD-SX. To avoid a laptop on stage we are trying to figure out if we can move to RPi.

But what RPi do we need and what is your experience? For 70,00 euro we can by a complete starter kit https://www.coolblue.nl/product/810799/ ... s-kit.html but do I miss something then? Or are we good to go with this.

Now the second question is a bit more interesting and far beyond my knowledge. A Roland SPD-SX can send MIDI notes via the 5-pins MIDI connector or via USB. If I use the 5-pins MIDI cable, I want to use the Enttec USB Pro MK2 because I own it already. Is that possible? I have not found a page on this forum what DMX/USB device we can use on RPi.

And if not, would it be possible to load the SPD-SX driver on the RPi? Probably not since this is a MAC OS driver, right? I am trying to figure out how to get MIDI in and DMX out in the most effective way.

Again sorry for my questions and Thank you in advance!

Gerard
Last edited by Mibmusic on Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mibmusic

I bought the RPi and it works great! The Enttec USB Pro MK2 MIDI IN does not work, but it doesn’t work on any OS. So that’s probably be a DOA. However, the MIDI via USB from the Roland SPD-SX to the RPi works out of the box! QLC just made my day!
GGGss

There is a tool included with the Enttec PRO mk2 where you can setup behaviour of input : outputs... Runs only on windows.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore