Enttec USB Pro MK2 no midi in signal [solved]

Ask a question about the usage of QLC+ with the Mac OSX operating system
Mibmusic

Good day to all,

I am trying to figure out why QLC+ does not see any MIDI notes coming in. I have hooked up the Enttec USB Pro Mk2 to a 2018 macbook Pro (High Sierra) and QLC+ recognizes the device and I can check the checkbox for MIDI in. Next step is that I am trying to sent MIDI notes from a Roland SPD-SX to start a chase but I am trying all day now and no success. My DMX out is on Universe 1 and my MIDI IN on Universe 2. (I read that was sometimes needed) But there is no indication at all that MIDI is coming in. When I use the crappy Enttec Pro Manager app to monitor MIDI I can see MIDI notes coming in to the device. But QLC+ does not see them or the Enttec device is broken and does not forward them. Any ideas what I can do?

Other question is since I can sent any MIDI note (depends on how I programm a pad on the SPD-SX) I am not sure I need to create a new profile too. Any help with that would be highly appreciated too.

Best regards,

Gerard
Last edited by Mibmusic on Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mibmusic

Ok, so I changed the config of the Roland SPD-SX to send MIDI via USB and that works fine. I am now able to add a show for each song our band plays, add a button on the virtual console per song (show) and start/stop these buttons via the Roland SPD-SX. I am so so so happy!

I also send an email to enttec about this issue but it seems they do not respond, at all. :-(