fixture issue

The issues found when using the Function Manager panel
djayabsolute

i have 2 adj innopocket spot twins and the fixture has two heads on one body. for some reason i can only control just one head and for the life of me i cannot figure out how to move the other head on both fixtures let alone get the colors to come on and gobos under the functions tab. The one of the gobo sliders does something different each time i move it up.

I went as far as using the efx to watch movements of my heads but only one head works one both lights. I did not build the profile for this fixture i found it in qlc+ when i was adding fixtures to the software and all the values seems legit. i am using this in 19 channel mode. has anyone else have this same problem before?
djayabsolute

if i am using qlc + to control these lights, do i need to change the channels on the fixture as well as the dmx address? sorry if this is a dumb question but i'm new to dmx
janosvitok

I tried it and both heads can be controlled fine.

DMX: you need to set the address (1-493) and mode (19ch or 23ch) in the fixture menu AND use the same parameters when adding fixture to QLC+.
If you don't match the address, QLC+ will output wrong data - e.g. when you set fixture to address 1, and tell QLC+ address 3, the first two channels (position of head 1)
will not be accessible and when you move fader for channel 1 of the fixture, you are actually moving channel 3 (position of the second head).

EFX: You can add either all heads of a fixture to EFX or just selected heads. Make sure you added both.

In general, SImple Desk is good for DMX "exploration". Move fader 1 of a universe, and see what the light does. Do that for channel 2, 3,... until you know what all channels do.
By all channels I mean [address...address+mode channels] and maybe some below and above to be sure.
Whne you've found the channel behavior, you can check it against manual. You can also see problems in addressing (e.g. channels order and behavior is OK, but they are 2 less than expected.
It means that the fixture is set to address 2 below the expected one.
So to find the problem, please:

- tell us your QLC+ version
- attach here your project (qxw file)
- tell us addresses from the fixture menu
- tell us exact detailed steps of what did you do, what did you expect to happen and what actually happened.

With that information, we can hopefully move further.

Jano
djayabsolute

Thanks for your response. I changed the dmx channel on the fixture to what was in qlc and everything works now.
djhurt

Can i also ask here my issue about my two moving heads. i cannot make them work to do the circle and eight movement. the only thing i can do with them is to tilt and pan. can you check my qlc files if something wrong on my settings. i like to have button for the efx example like eight button and circle once i press that button it will trigger the circle efx with different color. the other issue i'm getting when i upgraded to version 4.12 from 4.11 my kinta fixture is acting weird. when i click the scene without kinta from function manager the kinta still lighting up. i've tried to put this back the old version but the issue still exist.
Attachments
LIGHTS SCENE DIMMER ADJUSTED.qxw
(98.18 KiB) Downloaded 64 times