Solus

Andrew

I have compiled QLC+ on Solus Budgie (Linux distribution).
Here's the commands to install the required packages for compilation: (I separated git because technically it isn't required for compilation and I'm pedantic like that.)

Code: Select all

sudo eopkg install -c system.devel
sudo eopkg install git
sudo eopkg install qt5-tools-devel qt5-multimedia-devel qt5-script-devel alsa-lib-devel libusb-compat-devel libftdi1-devel
I've been using the latest GIT master branch. Everything I've tested so far appears to work, except for Audio Functions.
It can detect my USB DMX adapter and when I select it as an output its LED changes colour correctly. That suggest it's working fine, but I haven't tested it with any real lights yet as I don't have any of my own.

So, the problem with audio... If I try to add an Audio Function the file browser window appears and when looking in the correct location I can't see the audio files. If I change the filter from "Audio Files" to "All Files" then I can see and select them, but if I do I get an error message:
"This audio file cannot be played with QLC+. Sorry."

The weird thing is that Video Functions work perfectly! The video files appear in the file browser and they play. Both video and audio play.
The even more weird thing is that if I chose "All Files" in the video file browser I can chose one of the audio files, and it works; the audio plays! (Tried with FLAC and MP3, if it matters.)

Based on the Ubuntu instructions I tried installing a few other packages, but they didn't help, QLC+ compiles without them and Video Functions work without them. The Solus package names I tried are: libmad-devel libsndfile-devel fftw-devel pulseaudio-devel
mcallegari

If you installed mad/sndfile/fftw after the first build, you probably need to do a make distclean first, to make sure Makefiles are regenerated properly.
Then, make sure pkg-config can find those packages.
With pkg-config --list-all you can see the whole list. Look for mad/sndfile and see if they're there.
Andrew

Ok, yes, silly me. I had forgotten to run 'make distclean'. Thanks, that mostly fixed it...

This should be the package list for Solus compilation except that libmad isn't detected so MPEG audio files don't work. Everything else seems fine.

Code: Select all

sudo eopkg install -c system.devel
sudo eopkg install git
sudo eopkg install qt5-tools-devel qt5-multimedia-devel qt5-script-devel alsa-lib-devel libusb-compat-devel libftdi1-devel libmad-devel libsndfile-devel fftw-devel
fftw3 and sndfile appear in 'pkg-config --list-all' but mad doesn't, because the original libmad code doesn't include mad.pc so the Solus package doesn't include it either. There is a mad.pc in Ubuntu (& Debian?) so perhaps they made it themselves.

I have an idea for a workaround, but that's for when I'm more awake. :)