Scenes Disappear Once Used In Show

The issues found when using the Show Manager panel
trolly

Hello!

I think perhaps this issue is similar to these:

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=12472
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=12278

If I add a 'scene' into a show, it creates a sequence, but then the scene is hidden from the list of scenes forever more, this hasn't always happened I don't think.

The scene/sequence continues to work as it should in the show if I just press play, but I also get the problem that others have mentioned in that sometimes the values are randomly reset to 0.

See attached screenshots, I have used 5 scenes in the little test show, and all 5 are now missing from the scenes list, sometimes they are still shown in the list of scenes but can't be selected, but I am struggling to reproduce that problem now.

I am using 4.11.2.

Apologies if I am reporting something that is already known!
Attachments
testing moving head.qxw
(51.18 KiB) Downloaded 123 times
Missing functions.jpg
trolly

Ok, I've done a bit more testing, and I can reliably reproduce this, I don't think this is intended behaviour?

1. Make some scenes
2. Add a scene to a show by clicking the green '+' button and selecting a scene
3. Save the workspace
4. Close QLC+
5. Open QLC+, any scenes that have been used in the show are now gone

I have updated to one of the latest builds, 4.12, and tried it again, but it is still the same, see attached screenshot.
Attachments
testing moving head.qxw
(46.35 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
missing functions 2.jpg
trolly

They continue to work in the show when I press play, but obviously, now they are now not available for use in any other chaser or function without creating the scene again.
mcallegari

Have a look at this: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=11062&p=47687
Translated: do not re-use Scenes in Shows. Duplicate them first or let Sequences create them for you.
trolly

Ah ok, sorry, I hadn't seen that, that's good, I can work around and do it the other way, good to know it's not broken :-)

Thanks for the reply!
trolly

PS. For these scenes that I have already made invisible, is there any way to get them back? Or just create them again?
SoCalAaron

The only thing I can come up with is to dump the values into a new scene while playing the show. Add some hold time to the default to give your fingers enough time and keep the DMX monitor screen up to see what's being fed out.